Old 10-15-2016, 08:10 PM   #71
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini View Post
I would like to have a SENIORS cg geared to the senior lifestyle. No kids, no pets and the hassels associated with them. Playgrounds and kids are bad for insurance premiums. Concrete pull-thru sites would limit damages to utilities and furnishings. Absolutely no outside speakers including tv, stereo. Handicap access to all sites and facilities including the pool. 24/7 assistance in finding, parking and set-up / break-down at check-out. Inspection at time of check-out to insure guest is unplugged/etc!
Afraid your campground might not be used by seniors if you don't allow pets. I know very very few seniors without a pet(s)

Old 10-15-2016, 08:22 PM   #72

That would leave room for those who don't have pets.

Old 10-15-2016, 08:32 PM   #73
Mod free 5er

We belong to a gated park with no playground equipment, level, paved sites with patio and it is 90% occupied with seniors with pets. Never have a problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fawn Ridge 1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	583.2 KB
ID:	123061  
Old 10-15-2016, 09:36 PM   #74

Mine would have a spot where you could pull over to and give a quick wash/hose down to the windows/front end/bugs. Provide a water hose and brush, even if you charged for it like a car wash. And a good air pressure hose station that can provide proper pressure., Also, even if you charged for it. i'd also have background music or something like that playing in the bathrooms,, i hate it when they are super quiet,, Give a guy a break when he;s trying to do his business. Little individual enclosed stalls are even better.

Johnny & Jackie
2016 Columbus 340RK
2014 Ford F 250 Diesel
The Dog, The Parrots,
One Ninja Cat at Home.
Jugadorone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:10 PM   #75

If i owned a campground....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugadorone View Post
i'd also have background music or something like that playing in the bathrooms,, i hate it when they are super quiet,, Give a guy a break when he;s trying to do his business. Little individual enclosed stalls are even better.

I have NEVER set foot inside a public restroom when I've had my camper with me.

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8 with towing package
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:15 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugadorone View Post
Mine would have a spot where you could pull over to and give a quick wash/hose down to the windows/front end/bugs. Provide a water hose and brush, even if you charged for it like a car wash. And a good air pressure hose station that can provide proper pressure., Also, even if you charged for it. i'd also have background music or something like that playing in the bathrooms,, i hate it when they are super quiet,, Give a guy a break when he;s trying to do his business. Little individual enclosed stalls are even better.

Toilets in the mens room all lined up without stall partitions?? Women's restrooms aren't like that!

2016 Forester 2291S Class C
2016 Jeep Wrangler

Dana Point, CA
Old 10-16-2016, 10:16 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini View Post
I would like to have a SENIORS cg geared to the senior lifestyle. No kids, no pets and the hassels associated with them. Playgrounds and kids are bad for insurance premiums. Concrete pull-thru sites would limit damages to utilities and furnishings. Absolutely no outside speakers including tv, stereo. Handicap access to all sites and facilities including the pool. 24/7 assistance in finding, parking and set-up / break-down at check-out. Inspection at time of check-out to insure guest is unplugged/etc!
Why not just move into an assisted living facility, since that sounds like what you want?
Old 10-16-2016, 10:37 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Afraid your campground might not be used by seniors if you don't allow pets. I know very very few seniors without a pet(s)
I agree with this. If you want seniors to visit your business, be pet friendly. Was enjoying a Bud Light at an outdoor bar over the summer. Smiled when I saw a dog water bowl near the bar.

my_crib_too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 11:18 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
I would add 3 pm or 4 pm checkout on Sundays to accommodate weekend campers.
That's is one of the things I like the most about our NC state campgrounds over the private ones. Not only do we not have to rush to pack but is allows time for us to do something in the morning.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:00 PM   #80

I large number of RVers travel with kids and / or pets. Any campground that prohibited either would probably go out of business.

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8 with towing package
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg