Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2016, 10:26 AM   #1

If i owned a campground....

I would schedule the grass cutting, blowing and weed eating at a time when there are the least number of campers and people are awake and gone sightseeing. Most likely this would be mid week early afternoon.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:33 AM   #2

you think that would be common sense
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:41 AM   #3

Depends on the size of the campground and their resources.............. Sometimes mowing starts at 8 and ends at 4 and starts again the next day......... and......... starts over the next week..........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Depends on the size of the campground and their resources.............. Sometimes mowing starts at 8 and ends at 4 and starts again the next day......... and......... starts over the next week..........

truth in that. Some are so large and stay full, so their never really is one time better than another. It's almost non stop.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:00 PM   #5

Also some workers are Workampers & they only work say 8 to 4 3 days
a week. So if their job function is to mow the grass, they have to do it
during those 3 days.
Ian Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
I would schedule the grass cutting, blowing and weed eating at a time when there are the least number of campers and people are awake and gone sightseeing. Most likely this would be mid week early afternoon.
I would add 3 pm or 4 pm checkout on Sundays to accommodate weekend campers.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 12:47 PM   #7

RE

I would be able to camp free lol
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 12:49 PM   #8

At the Mount Rushmore KOA they would mow and clean up each site immediately after the camper pulled out. I thought it worked pretty well.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
I've been to campgrounds that do offer a late checkout, as long as nobody is scheduled to com on the site you are on that day.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:22 PM   #10

I was in a campground just outside of Edmonton, Alberta for a month this past summer. They paid me $64. off my bill if I would cut the lawn where I was camped. I took the offer as it kept me in shape for cutting my own lawn when I got home. I cut it once a week.
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 01:39 PM   #11

That is all nice and good in Theory but what if ckeckout isat 11.00 one guest leaves at that time and maybe stayed for several days so the grass really needs to be cut to make it nice again. so he drives away you cut the grass and start sprinkling the grass as it should stay green the whole summer right? You can't waitbcecause the next guest might arrive in half an hour or so and would like to have a dry spot and then you start emptying the waste bins and recycle boxes as the next guest is allowed to have a nice clean start too. and then you are off to clean out the fire pit but you haven't checked yet the washrooms and dhowers snd then the next guest leaves and you are back to cutting grass and then you have to run to the office because there are e RV's waiting to be checked in. in the meantime your wife is
CamperAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 01:51 PM   #12

I would make sure if "I' offered wifi that it would be available parkwide and be contracted with an excellent provider. Of course this would have to be built into the park rate which I would try to keep fair. I would also post a notice that this service is for all the guests to use so try to keep the streaming down to a minimum, and no whining if you work from your rig and do not carry your own hotspots. I don't feel that I have to help you make a living. I have several more ideas but I have wanted to mention the whine-bags that cry on review forums about poor wifi and that they depend on others to provide them a living for a long time.

Yes, we carry are own hotspot and never use parks because they are too unreliable
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 02:46 PM   #13

If I owned a campground I would have seasonal campers separate from more short term campers. Both are important to camping.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 03:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmasma View Post
If I owned a campground I would have seasonal campers separate from more short term campers. Both are important to camping.
Why?
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 03:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
Why?
Because in so many campgrounds, seasonal campers tend to make the place look like a low-rent trailer park. I dont think the weekenders should have to put up with this.

I have a seasonal site in the middle of a bunch of transient sites. I keep my site looking like I just got there and am ready to leave in a moment's notice. However, on the other side of our campground, the whole section is seasonal campers and the area looks like hell - like a low-rent trailer park. Some of the sites are nice, but most are cluttered with every kind of yard decoration and light that can be bought at the dollar store and Home Depot. There are other seasonal sites such as mine scattered around the transient section of the campground and most of these people seem to keep their sites like I do mine, but there are a few that are over the top that most people wouldn't want to be camping next to.

Bruce
Old 10-08-2016, 03:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Because in so many campgrounds, seasonal campers tend to make the place look like a low-rent trailer park. I dont think the weekenders should have to put up with this.

I have a seasonal site in the middle of a bunch of transient sites. I keep my site looking like I just got there and am ready to leave in a moment's notice. However, on the other side of our campground, the whole section is seasonal campers and the area looks like hell - like a low-rent trailer park. Some of the sites are nice, but most are cluttered with every kind of yard decoration and light that can be bought at the dollar store and Home Depot. There are other seasonal sites such as mine scattered around the transient section of the campground and most of these people seem to keep their sites like I do mine, but there are a few that are over the top that most people wouldn't want to be camping next to.

Bruce
This is going to go in many different directions with many opinions.
I too have a seasonal site that I keep in pristine condition that I had a very nice 2011 Coachman on. (Buying a 2017 in winter) The park has a 10 year rule on new seasonals.
The area that my site is in also has transient sites across the road. I pay a lot more to stay there than any weekender ever will and customize my site the way I like it.
I do not like the fact that a weekender in his 20 year old POS, can park 30 feet away from my site and unload his 6 kids, 2 dogs that bark all day and run a generator because he brings his 4 camping buddies trailers with him and they all want to pow-wow.
So yes, we should be kept seperate but my reason is different than yours. I enjoy my seasonal neighbors and it is the park's responsibility to keep it's seasonals sites in check.
In a way, the weekender's are lucky, don't like the neighbor? Move to the next site.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 03:55 PM   #17

We have only stayed in an RV park once since getting our TT a year ago. We had to take our garbage to the dumpsters, drag a rickety broken down plastic picnic table (advertised one in each sight) from a empty spot 3 lots down, no worries about the lawn because it was all dirt. Wifi if we sat in the laundry room.

We now stay at state parks, pack our own wifi hotspots, don't really mind taking the garbage to the dumpster and we don't usually have someone right on top of us. If we have to have our own water and flush our the black tank at a dump spot, no problem there either. We have paid less for more days at the state parks then that RV park. State parks are quieter also.

It all depends on your personal preferences.

2015 23 BD Gray Wolf
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 TX Edition 2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights, 2017 1 trip, 3 nights 2018 1 trip, 93 nights

mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 04:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
Why?
Most of our camping is in our beautiful Provincial Parks. In our area anyway they have started to rent seasonal sites to maximize usage. They have strict rules for seasonals and the site has to be completely vacant at fall closing date. That limits the "add ons". We recently stayed at KOA a few hours from home and the place was unbelievable. There were so many sheds, decks, assorted huts and cars that the majority of the sites were 90 percent covered. You had to squeeze past on the roads to drive in. Not to my taste. Even when there are rules like in the Provincial Parks and they are applied I always feel like I am crashing a private party when surrounded by "regulars" who all know everything about everybody else.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 04:27 PM   #19

If I had a campground the sites would have nice concrete pads, grass, vegetation between the sites for privacy, and picnic tables that are light enough to move, but heavy enough that they don't walk off. I would have air conditioned baths, a pool, communal fire pit with chairs around it, and dog duty cans in numerous spots. I would also have a nice out side pavilion and a large indoor gathering room with fireplace.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 04:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
Big ditto

Tags
mpg