Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2016, 04:34 PM   #61

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
So.... the consensus is a "perfect" RV park would have:
  • Level sites
  • wide and long concrete pads
  • full hookups
  • Shady private sites
  • a free run doggie playground
  • playground and activities for the kids
  • seasonal swimming pool
  • Natatorium close by (this is my add )
  • decent pervasive WiFi
  • clean and inexpensive ($1/load) Laundromat
  • firewood at decent prices
Sounds like the Military FamCamp we stay at (OK we don't have as much shade as we would like but then again, shade interferes with satellite reception )

In fact it sounds like every military FamCamp we have stayed at

So...if you happen to work for DoD, are a DoD retiree, or a Military member/Retiree you really need to check out the FamCamps!

U.S. Military Campgrounds and RV Parks - Home

Oh, and it doesn't hurt about security: FamCamps are the ultimate gated community - nothing like having gate guards armed with M-4 carbines

Disclaimer: there ARE some real stinko FamCamps or some that are just being renovated. The website above will let you know about those camps so you can avoid them

More like a armed club than a Campground IMHO.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:51 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
I would schedule the grass cutting, blowing and weed eating at a time when there are the least number of campers and people are awake and gone sightseeing. Most likely this would be mid week early afternoon.
What if you are a great campground and usually full and making money hand over fist.
Then when would you cut the grass and upset your customers?
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:57 PM   #63

Quote:
  • Level sites
  • full hookups
  • Shady private sites
  • seasonal swimming pool
  • decent pervasive WiFi
........In fact it sounds like every military FamCamp we have stayed at
So...if you happen to work for DoD, are a DoD retiree, or a Military member/Retiree you really need to check out the FamCamps!
Yes I am retired USAF and enjoy my few benefits.
Don't tell them that many of these only cost $15 -$30 a night and I even found places that have free washer and dryers.
This is just one of our now limited benefits for wearing the uniform for 20 plus years.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:37 PM   #64

Perfect RV park would have everyone but me in it. I prefer the backcountry as far away from everyone else as possible. Too many are learning about boondocking and some of my favorite sites have been occupied when I got there.
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:43 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
Check out at Raystown Lake (CoE campground) is 4pm. Yep, you guessed it, check in is 5pm. Not a problem if the site has been vacated prior to 4pm.
I guess that would be great if you are checking out,,, but it would suck if you were wanting to check in !!! Would not work for us !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 08:25 AM   #66
Insert witty title here

I think a camper parking area would be a good campground amenity. There have been a number of times where I either arrived before check in time or I didnt want to lose an entire day in the area because I needed to vacate my site. If they had a place where I could simply park my camper after vacating my site so I could still enjoy the area and I could come pick it up later in the day, I'd gladly pay extra.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:44 AM   #67
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
I guess that would be great if you are checking out,,, but it would suck if you were wanting to check in !!! Would not work for us !!!
And I understand why it wouldn't work for many people.
With the campground situated on a HUGE lake (over 100 miles of shoreline), check out is to accommodate those who use the lake, so they can get the most out of it.
We don't have a boat and haven't fished the lake yet, but we still like the late check out so we can enjoy our time there.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:51 AM   #68
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Yes I am retired USAF and enjoy my few benefits.
Don't tell them that many of these only cost $15 -$30 a night and I even found places that have free washer and dryers.
This is just one of our now limited benefits for wearing the uniform for 20 plus years.
Quote:
  • Level sites
  • full hookups
  • Shady private sites
  • seasonal swimming pool
  • decent pervasive WiFi
Sounds like the Military FamCamp we stay at (OK we don't have as much shade as we would like but then again, shade interferes with satellite reception )

In fact it sounds like every military FamCamp we have stayed at

U.S. Military Campgrounds and RV Parks - Home

Oh, and it doesn't hurt about security: FamCamps are the ultimate gated community - nothing like having gate guards armed with M-4 carbines

Disclaimer: there ARE some real stinko FamCamps or some that are just being renovated. The website above will let you know about those camps so you can avoid them
Guess I would need to convince my mother to go with us so I can use one of the FamCamps.... she's the one with the DoD ID card. But, I think my DW would nix that suggestion.
Closest thing my father would come to camping was stay at a Holiday Inn! He called camping Bivouac... he said he did enough of that in his early years of his Army career. I get no consideration for the 17 years I followed him around the U.S. and Europe.

BTW - THANKS to ALL who have served and those still serving!!!

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:59 AM   #69

I don't think a perfect site exists, we like a lot of sites we've been to, and for different reasons, that's why we like to go to different places. But we would like the sewer not to be UNDER our camper!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	280.0 KB
ID:	123020  
Old 10-15-2016, 06:53 PM   #70

I would like to have a SENIORS cg geared to the senior lifestyle. No kids, no pets and the hassels associated with them. Playgrounds and kids are bad for insurance premiums. Concrete pull-thru sites would limit damages to utilities and furnishings. Absolutely no outside speakers including tv, stereo. Handicap access to all sites and facilities including the pool. 24/7 assistance in finding, parking and set-up / break-down at check-out. Inspection at time of check-out to insure guest is unplugged/etc!
Santini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:10 PM   #71
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini View Post
I would like to have a SENIORS cg geared to the senior lifestyle. No kids, no pets and the hassels associated with them. Playgrounds and kids are bad for insurance premiums. Concrete pull-thru sites would limit damages to utilities and furnishings. Absolutely no outside speakers including tv, stereo. Handicap access to all sites and facilities including the pool. 24/7 assistance in finding, parking and set-up / break-down at check-out. Inspection at time of check-out to insure guest is unplugged/etc!
Afraid your campground might not be used by seniors if you don't allow pets. I know very very few seniors without a pet(s)
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:22 PM   #72

That would leave room for those who don't have pets.
Santini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:32 PM   #73
Mod free 5er

We belong to a gated park with no playground equipment, level, paved sites with patio and it is 90% occupied with seniors with pets. Never have a problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fawn Ridge 1.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	583.2 KB
ID:	123061  
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 08:36 PM   #74

Mine would have a spot where you could pull over to and give a quick wash/hose down to the windows/front end/bugs. Provide a water hose and brush, even if you charged for it like a car wash. And a good air pressure hose station that can provide proper pressure., Also, even if you charged for it. i'd also have background music or something like that playing in the bathrooms,, i hate it when they are super quiet,, Give a guy a break when he;s trying to do his business. Little individual enclosed stalls are even better.

Johnny & Jackie
2016 Columbus 340RK
2016 Ford F350 Diesel
The Dog, The Parrots,
One Ninja Cat at Home.
Jugadorone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:10 PM   #75
Insert witty title here

If i owned a campground....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugadorone View Post
i'd also have background music or something like that playing in the bathrooms,, i hate it when they are super quiet,, Give a guy a break when he;s trying to do his business. Little individual enclosed stalls are even better.

I have NEVER set foot inside a public restroom when I've had my camper with me.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:15 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugadorone View Post
Mine would have a spot where you could pull over to and give a quick wash/hose down to the windows/front end/bugs. Provide a water hose and brush, even if you charged for it like a car wash. And a good air pressure hose station that can provide proper pressure., Also, even if you charged for it. i'd also have background music or something like that playing in the bathrooms,, i hate it when they are super quiet,, Give a guy a break when he;s trying to do his business. Little individual enclosed stalls are even better.

Toilets in the mens room all lined up without stall partitions?? Women's restrooms aren't like that!

2016 Forester 2291S Class C
2016 Jeep Wrangler

Dana Point, CA
ToniandSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:16 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini View Post
Why not just move into an assisted living facility, since that sounds like what you want?
lugoismad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:37 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Afraid your campground might not be used by seniors if you don't allow pets. I know very very few seniors without a pet(s)
I agree with this. If you want seniors to visit your business, be pet friendly. Was enjoying a Bud Light at an outdoor bar over the summer. Smiled when I saw a dog water bowl near the bar.
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:18 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
I would add 3 pm or 4 pm checkout on Sundays to accommodate weekend campers.
That's is one of the things I like the most about our NC state campgrounds over the private ones. Not only do we not have to rush to pack but is allows time for us to do something in the morning.
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 11:00 AM   #80
Insert witty title here

I large number of RVers travel with kids and / or pets. Any campground that prohibited either would probably go out of business.

Tags
mpg