Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
NWJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Enumclaw, WA
Posts: 2,617
If your new to forums PLESE check the dates

I understand that some may be new to how forums work but I have noticed lately some of the new folks here comenting on forum posts that are at times a year and a half old. PLESE check the dates of the last post in a thread and if it's old start a new thread if you have a new question but if posts are that old usually the question or problem at hand has already been solved and dropped and more than likely your wasting your time by commenting on such old posts. I know everyone here is eager and willing to help out if you are new. Start a new and fresh thread instead of rehashing old posts that are dead and gone.
__________________

__________________
"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
I understand that some may be new to how forums work but I have noticed lately some of the new folks here comenting on forum posts that are at times a year and a half old. PLESE check the dates of the last post in a thread and if it's old start a new thread if you have a new question but if posts are that old usually the question or problem at hand has already been solved and dropped and more than likely your wasting your time by commenting on such old posts. I know everyone here is eager and willing to help out if you are new. Start a new and fresh thread instead of rehashing old posts that are dead and gone.
NWJeep, thumbs up to you When I started with forum two years ago I did the samething as some of the new folks have, not knowing how the Forum worked, posting on old threads. There was a member that chimed in and had a negative attitude about one of my first post and it pi$$ed me off so I took a little time to think about it because I was about ready to leave the Forum, He replied right back on my post. As of today I am still here and I am glad I decided to stay and that's because of members like you that have a way of being direct to the whole Forum with a positive attitude. Thanks for posting a reminder. To new members, you have to admit this is a great Forum. The members here try there best to give 100% positive feed back. Enjoy the Forum.....
__________________

__________________
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
NWJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Enumclaw, WA
Posts: 2,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
NWJeep, thumbs up to you When I started with forum two years ago I did the samething as some of the new folks have, not knowing how the Forum worked, posting on old threads. There was a member that chimed in and had a negative attitude about one of my first post and it pi$$ed me off so I took a little time to think about it because I was about ready to leave the Forum, He replied right back on my post. As of today I am still here and I am glad I decided to stay and that's because of members like you that have a way of being direct to the whole Forum with a positive attitude. Thanks for posting a reminder. To new members, you have to admit this is a great Forum. The members here try there best to give 100% positive feed back. Enjoy the Forum.....
Thanks Rockwood and I'm glad you decided to stay with the group all that time ago, I appreciate the help and insight you've given to so many in the past.

Oh and just for the record I do know how to spell "please", but I was handicapped by two dogs sitting in my lap when I wrote the first post...LOL

I think there should be a FAQ forum thread too for things like "winterization", "battery care", "inverters", "generator sizing" etc as those questions come up almost weekly by every new person who joins and hasn't seen all the threads on those subjects. There is a wealth of good information in those old posts if people would search them...
__________________
"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:45 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Thanks Rockwood and I'm glad you decided to stay with the group all that time ago, I appreciate the help and insight you've given to so many in the past.

Oh and just for the record I do know how to spell "please", but I was handicapped by two dogs sitting in my lap when I wrote the first post...LOL

I think there should be a FAQ forum thread too for things like "winterization", "battery care", "inverters", "generator sizing" etc as those questions come up almost weekly by every new person who joins and hasn't seen all the threads on those subjects. There is a wealth of good information in those old posts if people would search them...
You are welcome. One other thing i would like to say, soon after the negative reply I received another new member did the samething, posted on an old thread this same person jumped on the new member as well the next thing I knew one of the Admimistrators chimed in an gave this negative person a piece of his mine. With this reply I then knew I was a member of the right Fourm. This Fourm is well run and under control, thanks to the Administrators as well.

As far as your Idea for FAQ that is a great Idea. Just the other day I posted info about tires on two different threads, I thought it had some great info for all. This might be a good subject to put there as well. Maybe this is something the Administrators could set up. Another positive action for the members....Thanks again....Wade.
__________________
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 PM.