Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2018, 07:46 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbyc View Post
I’ll throw out my 2 cents worth since nobody else had as of yet. Like you I may be right or wrong, just my opinion
You are right. If your coverage includes the refrig as you say it does. What I would do is send a certified return receipt letter to FR claims dept. address should be on warranty documents. Briefly describe you situation and ask for reimbursement. Provide copy of invoice.
Send a copy of the let withcovef to the attorney general of the state the Ltr is addressed to. Indicate in you ltr to FR that you have sent a copy to the IG. I would also send a copy of your warranty document to the IG.
If you don’t get good response from FR contact the IG and have them look into it. Also contact the better business bureau of the state you purchased in along with the state FR. Is. Again the state where you sent the ltr.
Good luck.
X2^^ If the warranty states the refrigerator is covered the issue is for FR to correct for you, as per the warranty, which is in essence a contract.

If FR wants to go after Whirlpool for reimbursement, that is an issue for FR.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:41 AM   #22
Site Team

Before the suggestions of legal action get much farther, I'd like to direct everyone's attention here:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...own-65127.html
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:56 AM   #23
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
You really shouldn’t have to go through all of this. All you should have to do is present your signed extended warranty certificate to the dealer and the dealer should handle any of the hassles involved with Forest River. They won’t deal with whirlpool — only Forest River — and the problem should be taken care of. That’s how it worked for me.

Bruce
^^THIS^^

You should not be fighting this yourself or at all, for that matter!
Your dealer is to blame here.

As long as what you are saying is true (and we have no reason to believe it isn't) you have a FR warranty that covers this. Your DEALER should have been more involved in this from the beginning.

If FR told the dealer to call Whirlpool, then the DEALER should have called Whirlpool and made the arrangements to have it serviced and fixed. Instead you say the dealer passed that off onto you. SHAME ON THEM!

You mentioned it was a 'chain' dealer'... hopefully not Camping World as they are the worst.

I hope you get some satisfaction.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:41 AM   #24

Did you buy from Tom Johnson in Marion NC (Camping World). Tom Johnson was great to deal with, after Camping World brought them out it was a lot different.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:48 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoenig24 View Post
FR, the dealer, and Whirlpool are all hoping you'll get frustrated, worn down and walk away. Find out which Small Claims Court you need to file in and then, pay the small filing fee and get papers served. Businesses HATE Small Claims Court. Once they realize you're NOT going away, the three parties will figure it out and reimburse you. Keep this all in mind when you shop for your next RV.

PS: Do any local TV stations have consumer advocates? Many stations do and, if your case is accepted, the bad publicity is often enough to nudge the offenders into doing the right thing.
Also, Trailer Life magazine has a consumer advocate feature that deals with such things.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Forest River Forums mobile app

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 07:55 PM   #26

Just a quick update on where things stand. I'm still trying to keep things civil with FR and I think it's helping for the most part.

I called FR today and got a new person to talk to. It seems Ashley not only quit but she left without even giving FR a notice. Hmmm?

FR once again has a copy of my invoice for the fridge repair and it has been resubmitted to the warranty department. The girl helping me out actually sent me an email after we talked to let know where things stand. The fact I actually got an email from FR blew me away.

If I haven't heard from them within a week, I'll be calling back.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:09 PM   #27

Cedar Creek Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Cedar Creek just paid for replacing my rear cap in April of this year, my Cedar Creek was made in 2014. I only have a 12 month warranty on the camper. I couldn't ask for better service from Cedar Creek. If I should ever buy another camper it will be a Cedar Creek

To OP, keep on them!

My 13 cu ft Dometic refer was always a issue, Last year it went belly up again, through e-mails with Cedar Creek they would replace it with a local RV repairmen that was near Mt Airy, NC, as we camped At Mayberry Campground. The cost was exorbanate, and I was done with RV refrigerators, so ask CC if I could pick out a refrigerator from Lowes they said yes as long as I paid for install - which was no more than a buck fifty and refer was $890.00. The best part is that I'm way out of warranty; my Creek is a 2012. Can't beat Cedar Creek.
rmalikone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:33 PM   #28

Small claims court is the way to go

As a couple of people have already mentioned, businesses HATE being taken to small claims court. You don’t have to worry about how big a corporation is before you file in small claims court because lawyers aren’t allowed in most cases. In my experience, once you file a claim in small claims court you will get results immediately. All you do is name any and everyone you think might be culpable for damages as “co-defendants” in your suit. That way you don’t have to file separate suits for each party. If the company that you bought the warranty from does business in your state then you can file the suit in your state. Typically, once the company receives the suit in the mail they will bend over backwards to resolve the issue with you BEFORE it actually ends up in court. You can pretty much name your terms and they will comply. It’s unfortunate that that’s what it takes sometimes to get results, but you won’t be taken seriously until they know you’re serious.
netlcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:10 PM   #29

I had issue with my hybird bunks on my FR Shamrock 21BD. It was still under warranty, But FR river said there was nothing with it, well the dealer new this was an issue with it So after talking to the gentleman at FR of which I had many conversation about this problem, he told me Flat out that FR was not going to fix it. So after I got off phone and I am a very good record keeper, especially wit something like this. I had email and and other forms that I keep. I decide to just go to there WEB site and ask for there legal depart address, the lady ask me who I was and I told and that I was going to contact my attorney, which I was! She gave me address! It wasn't 10min later, That the Gentleman that I had been talking to said they would fix it, which by the way was a whole bunk door, Bunk frame and new canvas. He was not happy about but gotta done!
GarFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:17 PM   #30
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by netlcm View Post
As a couple of people have already mentioned, businesses HATE being taken to small claims court. You don’t have to worry about how big a corporation is before you file in small claims court because lawyers aren’t allowed in most cases. In my experience, once you file a claim in small claims court you will get results immediately. All you do is name any and everyone you think might be culpable for damages as “co-defendants” in your suit. That way you don’t have to file separate suits for each party. If the company that you bought the warranty from does business in your state then you can file the suit in your state. Typically, once the company receives the suit in the mail they will bend over backwards to resolve the issue with you BEFORE it actually ends up in court. You can pretty much name your terms and they will comply. It’s unfortunate that that’s what it takes sometimes to get results, but you won’t be taken seriously until they know you’re serious.
netlcm, welcome to the forum. Please refer to Post #22 of this thread and then read the forum rules for more clarification.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:20 PM   #31

My 2c is that this is FR's responsibility and that their effort to push you off to the refrigerator manufacturer is either ridiculous or else based on a misunderstanding. Your warranty is with FR - since the original refrig warranty has expired and now you have only the FR extended warranty. If they want to go back against the other mfgr on some unknown basis, they have people who can do that for them. Just make sure FR understands the refrig warranty has expired and you are only seeking reimbursement under the FR extended warranty.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:06 AM   #32

I'm still waiting to hear but its only been a couple of days (see post 26).

Now that we're dealing with someone completely different and the original FR rep has quit, I feel better in getting this resolved. If I don't hear from them by Friday, I'll be calling to check on the status but I'm still trying to play nice.

The ultimate goal here is to just get my money.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote