Old 09-30-2016, 09:54 PM   #31
I don't know, you guys had ME thinking I was being an a-hole for a minute there. Now I'm camping again at a different place this weekend, and I don't seem to have any people around me like I had last time. It's pretty peaceful (and enjoyable), so I'm tending to think my opinions were somewhat justified

gspot01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 04:00 PM   #32
Originally Posted by dea49 View Post
I agree with you. I was brought up to be considerate of others. You should think of your impact on others even if it's not against the rules. Other than quiet time you can do just about anything but should you. Most people come to the forest to enjoy a little of nature. should you do things that can easily be annoying to others just because it's not against the rules?

It used to be that campers were a breed apart from the average narcissist. They had a "code of etiquette" that was simple and logical. They would "allow" you to enjoy nature and you would "allow" them as well.

I brought my children up with that same code but it seems that the camping world has been infected with narcissism and there may be no cure.

There was a campground that I visited as a child and they had posted on a bulletin board the do's and dont's of camping. They weren't rules but what you should expect of yourself and others.

There should be a permanent thread on camping etiquette that newcomers as well as old self centered campers can read and add to so that they'll be informed as to what "should" be their attitude towards other campers.

It could be that some have never thought what they do can be offending and this would make a great reference.

I think I'll start it.
Well said sir and good idea!

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ CCLB DRW D/A - Transfer flow 40 gallon Toolbox/Tank Combo - Line X - Edge Insight

2015 Palomino Sabre 33CKTS - Platinum Edition - Progressive Industries EMS HW50C - JT Strong Arm Stabilizers - Ground Control 3.0
RubyDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 04:55 PM   #33
Moderators' Assistant
Originally Posted by Salt Shaker View Post
I have the perfect answer for noise. Install a second AC in the bedroom...make sure it is a dometic whisper quiet. You will not hear anything outside your bedroom door. Infact after another season I am sure my wife and I with both need hearing aids.

Many of us prefer being in Nature, rather than being sealed off from it.

Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote