Old 03-05-2012, 05:06 AM   #31

Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyO
I agree with you MM and JoeR on not over packing or buying crap you don't need. I would imagine most folks have the same stuff as I do on the above list with maybe the exception of the water filter and pressure guage. I would say most of the gear from the list is small, required but pricey. All of it will pack into two small boxes with the exception of the TT cover which will remain at home while camping.

Plates cups coffee maker and clothing is the stuff I am somewhat curious on how we'll do there. But we will certainly be packing for the trip and not hoarding gear so as to have everything in the TT all the time, that would be dangerous with unnecessary weight and clutter. I'm a neat freak and like to be organized and very anxious to get this train a rollin.. We're suppossed to be in the upper 50's this week, these are some exciting times!

2011 Expedition 5.4L 4x4 Limited
2012 Tracer 3150BHD Touring Edition
Semper Fi
JoeyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #32

get this train a rollin.. -- I know that feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post

very anxious to get this train a rollin..
We're suppossed to be in the upper 50's this week,
these are some exciting times!
hey Joey0
if and when you all head out this way
southern Ca
give a shout
lower mountains of San Diego County
our favorite place to camp -- Borrego Springs

Mountainman Bob

Old 10-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #33
itch'n to road trip

Sid -- love your discription "high maintenance woman that you spend all your time with."

Lets face it.. there are soooo many neat little accessories that we all WANT for our campers. That's why there are manufactures are making this stuff.

They know we are suckers! Keeping up with the Jones'!
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:49 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyWindrider View Post
What you are asking is almost impossible, in my opinion. I do understand what you want. The big problem is, no two people camping do the same thing. Some go boondocking, no water, power, or sewer. Some won't go unless they have full hook-ups. Some have to have television, DVD's, stereo surround, etc. Some go to campgrounds with games for the children, and a swimming pool, others avoid them.

I can say this, you will need a water supply, available, or haul it with you. You will need a sewer hose, to eventually dump your tanks, campground or some other dump station. Power cord if the campground has power. If no power, easy on the lights, as a battery won't last long, maybe one night with furnace. Food, and toilet paper.

Of course dishes and pots to cook and eat, maybe clean clothes, towels for a shower, but really depends on what you plan to do while camping, if anything, children, and keeping them busy, pets, if any, and how you want to spend your time.

I am sorry this doesn't help much, but as has been suggested many time, spend a week-end in the driveway. Lock the house when you head for the camper, and don't go back in. Make a list of what you need over the week-end, and have fun.
WOW....Ladywindrider. "spend a week-end in the driveway. Lock the house when you head for the camper, and don't go back in. Make a list of what you need over the week-end, and have fun." Great advice.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:51 PM   #35

Jim and I should be picking up our new RV in Cleburn, Tx. We live in New Caney about 100+ miles. This will be our 4th in 4 yrs. We keep upgrading.

We have all of the necessary items to go camping but I suggested to Jim we needed to camp overnight in an RV Park or State Park close to the dealership to make sure everything works. We live too far away for something to go wrong and have to return to get it fixed. There is a dealership that sales FR close to us but I read bad reviews. Makes me leery using them.

When we do the walk through at the dealership we will be so excited and not really paying any attention. (Don't ask me how I know.) We may have the AC on for 10 -15 min, Ok it works. Water faucets, OK they work. Slide out works. Drawers pull in and out easy. But when we actually go camping AC will be on for awhile may crap out in 45 - 60 minutes. This is where the true test begins.

All have FUN and Camp safe...........

Marigold <><
Old 10-23-2013, 12:12 AM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkford1953 View Post
WOW....Ladywindrider. "spend a week-end in the driveway. Lock the house when you head for the camper, and don't go back in. Make a list of what you need over the week-end, and have fun." Great advice.
It was great advice for sure! I wish I had thought of this when I took delivery of my TT. By the time I took my maiden voyage it was almost 2 months later and I was nervous.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #37

All the lists are great, but a lot of the items came standard on our TT. The dealer also included a start up kit that had the sewer hose and connector, toilet chemicals, plastic golves, water hose, water regulator. We took a lot of stuff from our house and used it in the TT. We already had the hitch so we didn't need to add many necessary items. Just added extra items we wanted. I made the step pads using indoor/outdoor carpet. If you have to make a lot of mods to your rig, you probably should have looked a little longer to find one that had the things you wanted. But, I guess that's the fun of RVing.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #38
Time to Live

LOL.... By the end of my first year, my 5th wheel was nearly renovated. No clue on how much we spent, but we do know that we LOVE the thing, and it is ready to go (sans food) at a moment notice. I know we have everything on the lists previously stated... but also have a vertical kayak/bike rack, TPMS pressure monitor system, backup camera system, GPS system, portable Campmor Grill, and some other things. Always mindful of our weight limits... and safety.
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8265 5th Wheel
GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0 8cyl 3/4 ton
gailgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #39

The most expensive thing I bought was the generator if you add the portable coleman grill a folding table and two gravity recliners then we are at a grand or less.
Then had to buy a couple of recliners to replace the swivel rockers we did not like now we are at two.
Then we bought these because we did not want to pack them from one house to the other.
New bedding.
Pots and pans.
Silverware and other utensils.
Towels bathroom and kitchen.
A second torque wrench and socket for the lug nuts.

Newest item is wheel covers from Walmart.com

I still need to pickup.
Electric impact wrench.
Maxxair vent fan.
Patio mat.
Stabilizer arms.

I am sure I have left some stuff off but it is early here and I have not had my allotment of coffee yet.