Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2019, 08:48 AM   #1

Interesting: Grand Designs Rally@Sea

I thought this was interesting not that it is my cup of tea but I give GD kudos for thinking outside the box.

Winter...for many of us that means we put our Grand Design trailer away until Spring. We stay indoors dreaming of our next rally when we can meet up with our friends. We think about the modifications we want to do when the temperatures get above freezing again. We rely on the Grand Design Facebook groups or owners forum to talk with other owners and share our experiences. Oh hurry up, Spring! But wait!

Announcing our first ever Grand Design Owners Cruise - Rally @ Sea! Let's chase the winter blues away in the sunny Eastern Caribbean! Come spend seven days visiting three ports on the Caribbean Princess with some of your Grand Design family. We will depart Ft. Lauderdale, FL on January 17, 2021 and return on January 24th. Your itinerary will include stops at Princess Cays in the Bahamas, St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands, and St. Maarten.
Let someone else hook up shore power while you soak in the sun. Get pampered and relax! Our campfire may be the hot tub instead. We will have a group event onboard the ship, group dining if desired, and a group shore excursion available. Plus who knows who you might meet from Grand Design!

We currently have 75 cabins set aside for our group on the Caribbean Princess. All travel arrangements are being handled by a travel agency that has coordinated many other group cruises. We are in good hands.
We hope you will join us in this exciting Rally @ Sea!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	219491  
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:57 AM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Not an unusual concept.

There are 'themed' cruises for everything from Country Music cruises, Biker cruises, Celebrity cruises to even Disco cruises. And on and on.

Looks like just another way for a R/V manufacturer to remove some money from your wallet.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:09 AM   #3

Not unusual, I agree, but clever customer support, I think. Kudos to them for giving everyone ample notice. The event is over a year in the future, which gives everyone plenty of time to consider it and make plans.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Not an unusual concept.

There are 'themed' cruises for everything from Country Music cruises, Biker cruises, Celebrity cruises to even Disco cruises. And on and on.

Looks like just another way for a R/V manufacturer to remove some money from your wallet.

Exactly, not to mention the rate is sky high for a 7 day 3 stop cruise and the Caribbean Princess is a comparative dump of a ship.

You sure could do a lot better than $1400.00+ PP for a balcony cabin on a nicer boat. But then you would not get the on board group event, the Grand Design Swag items, and a goodie bag that you paid $75 for.
Feel Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel Swift View Post
Exactly, not to mention the rate is sky high for a 7 day 3 stop cruise and the Caribbean Princess is a comparative dump of a ship.

You sure could do a lot better than $1400.00+ PP for a balcony cabin on a nicer boat. But then you would not get the on board group event, the Grand Design Swag items, and a goodie bag that you paid $75 for.
I don't see any mention of price anywhere. Where did you come up with your numbers?
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastan View Post
I don't see any mention of price anywhere. Where did you come up with your numbers?

I was able to find this.

https://www.granddesignownerscruise.com/p/rates.html
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 02:13 PM   #7

Grand

Yeah, all kinds of cruises. I was invited to a Pickleball Cruise last summer. They sold out.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote