Old 06-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #31
Site Team
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
... My focus was on doing it while at Disney. Just my opinion
Ah, missed that point. Yes, definitely agree. At the kind of prices Disney charges, I wouldn't want to be working either.

There's no use crying over spilled milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:05 AM   #32
I need a pay-as-you-go wireless hotspot for about 2.5 months. Need coverage in MD, NJ, and NY... Does anyone know about the 'Internet on the Go' option from Walmart? It's attractive to me because there are no time restrictions... when you use up your data you buy more to reload, whether it's 30 60 days or whatever it never expires. But I can't tell what network it's on... I need it to be reliable and reasonably fast for work when I'll be out in the camper for 3-4 weeks.
Get the TruConnect Internet on the Go Mobile Hotspot at Save money. Live better.

AT&T would be my next option I guess
AT&T Unite Mobile 4G WiFi Hotspot: Mobile Broadband :

any comments on these 2 or other options for pay-as-you-go? many thanks...

EDIT: After checking the coverage maps and reading some more, it appears the Straight Talk Wireless pay as you go hotspot is the only one that will work for all my intended destinations... it uses Verizon 3g native coverage only but they cover all the areas I will be whereas neither of the other 2 above will cover all my needed areas. I know this is an expensive option but I only need it for a short period of time to extend my trip out in the camper.

steveh326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:31 PM   #33
I have and use the Unite (pro) from ATT. It works wonderfully for the wife and I. We were in the Smokey mountains and had no trouble using it to check email, view web pages and even pulled down a couple of shows from my Tivo at the house to watch.

So far no place ive been in the USA (except for one very lonely spot in New Mexico) that we dont get good coverage. You probably wont need the Pro version as it simply allows more devices to share the connection.

Great little box with a great battery and good reception. If needed you can even connect to external antenna, but mines worked great in the RV even running down the road!
zippyzrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #34
I don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but I just got a Jetpack from Verizon and it works well. 3 and 4G - plenty fast

I had to sign a two year agreement at $49 /month, but can fortunately expense it as office supply. The 5 gig plan is more than enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
2006 Silverado 2500HD LT SW ECSB, 6L LQ4/4L80E 4.10s w/16K Curt slider (not necessary), Air Lift bags & Black Bear Performance tune & CAI

Norm & Karen Zondervan
zs325RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:30 PM   #35
Paradise has arrived!
verizon mifi

We are seasonal and are in the middle of nowhere in western PA. My Verizon mifi works great but as someone said you need to watch your usage. I have 5GBP per month and have yet to come close to using it all.
Paradise115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:37 PM   #36
I just increase my data plan when traveling. When come home reduce it.

Bryan, Vonnie & Pepper
2012 378 Georgetown

Sent from my iPad
Bryan & Vonnie Marhiesen
" just us
Our son, Chad, was killed by a drunk driver in August 2008. We adopted his black lab, Pepper, who was our life saver. Pepper went to live with her Daddy in December 2014!
psgrandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #37
Mature Citizen
Reliable Internet

The only way we have been able to get reliable internet was to use a mobile hot spot. We use Verizon and it has worked fine over the entire western US. The only issue is the amount of data used if you stream videos. When just using the internet for email and non-video sites the smaller data plans work great.

Darlene, Ralph and Bandit
LTC (USA Retired) W7TLD
2016 (So Far) - 104 days & 6015 miles
2013 - 2015 - 328 days & 15414 miles
2013 Georgetown XL 378TS, 2014 Honda CRV
downeyr is offline   Reply With Quote