Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2016, 01:10 PM   #81
Senior Member
 
MNtraveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,289
Invention: RV Temp Monitoring for Pets

There is a new version of the iSocket coming out shortly and it is on pre-release sale for a few more days (to end of Oct. ??). The device plugs into the electrical socket and notifies you by phone of a power failure. It also has an optional temperature monitor that you can set the range for (monitor heat or A/C as needed). You can communicate with the device interactively by text message from your cell phone (for example, ask if the power is on).

The "new" model that is being released is to be compatible with newer USA 3G/LTE cellular systems (non-GSM systems, which were covered by the older model). It requires the purchase of a separate Sim card, which is a one time purchase and does not require a monthly plan. All the details are on these pages:

https://www.isocketworld.com/en/

https://www.isocketworld.com/en/faq/...obile-network/

Cost is $189 for iSocket 3G, $9 for short temp sensor) more for an extended length one) and from a separate vendor $15 for the SIM card and $15 for a prepaid account that does not expire. Text messages are $.09 so $15 will last a good long time.

I'm going to order one for the RV today and would actually like to have one for the house too!


Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Nights camped 2016: 29; RV to date: 32
__________________

__________________
2016 Forester 2401R
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:21 PM   #82
Senior Member
 
Alex.mcintosh40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 182
I would be interested definitely when you start selling them
__________________

__________________
2011 dodge RAM 3500 Cummins
2016 coachmen chaparral 371mbrb
Alex.mcintosh40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:46 PM   #83
Senior Member
 
CaptnJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Ocean Isle Beach NC
Posts: 1,425
We downloaded Alfred app on cell phones. We have a thermometer set on the counter. One phone is plugged in the charger and facing the thermometer. Alfred is used to call the other and we can see the inside temp and hear any barking or other noises.
__________________
2016 Keystone Cougar 303RLS
2016 F350 diesel
Edgewater 205 EX 150 Yamaha
CaptnJohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:01 PM   #84
Senior Member
 
MNtraveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
We downloaded Alfred app on cell phones. We have a thermometer set on the counter. One phone is plugged in the charger and facing the thermometer. Alfred is used to call the other and we can see the inside temp and hear any barking or other noises.

I have experimented with this and think it's another option. It doesn't monitor power but you can do that by adding to the scene an AC light. I'm not sure it's foolproof however and also I do want to be alerted of a failure not count on me to check because I'm not that reliable. ;-)


Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Nights camped 2016: 29; RV to date: 32
__________________
2016 Forester 2401R
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 11:02 AM   #85
Senior Member
 
MNtraveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,289
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1476975726.588224.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	123469


Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Nights camped 2016: 32; RV to date: 35
__________________
2016 Forester 2401R
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:23 PM   #86
Senior Member
 
CaptnJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Ocean Isle Beach NC
Posts: 1,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
There is a new version of the iSocket coming out shortly and it is on pre-release sale for a few more days (to end of Oct. ??). The device plugs into the electrical socket and notifies you by phone of a power failure. It also has an optional temperature monitor that you can set the range for (monitor heat or A/C as needed). You can communicate with the device interactively by text message from your cell phone (for example, ask if the power is on).

The "new" model that is being released is to be compatible with newer USA 3G/LTE cellular systems (non-GSM systems, which were covered by the older model). It requires the purchase of a separate Sim card, which is a one time purchase and does not require a monthly plan. All the details are on these pages:

https://www.isocketworld.com/en/

https://www.isocketworld.com/en/faq/...obile-network/

Cost is $189 for iSocket 3G, $9 for short temp sensor) more for an extended length one) and from a separate vendor $15 for the SIM card and $15 for a prepaid account that does not expire. Text messages are $.09 so $15 will last a good long time.

I'm going to order one for the RV today and would actually like to have one for the house too!


Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Nights camped 2016: 29; RV to date: 32

You can still have a system (AC or heat) failure while power is on. Sticking with Alfred and it is free.
__________________
2016 Keystone Cougar 303RLS
2016 F350 diesel
Edgewater 205 EX 150 Yamaha
CaptnJohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:31 PM   #87
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sun City Center, Florida
Posts: 63
there is a power outage app which is free on our android. Use it all the time.
__________________
We are driving a Dodge Durango and pulling a Evergreen G269FK. We also have two Cairn Terriers. 2 Champion Generators. This year, planning on 6 months in our Evergreen visiting, California, Michigan, and Ohio. We live in Florida. Grandkids, and dogs are why we camp. Also have a Hensley Hitch which that eliminates all sway. Pricey, but worth it.
Tampajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:47 PM   #88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Middle GA
Posts: 214
Look at Kickstarter.com It is an excellent crowd funding source. If people like your idea, they will fund it. I have funded quite a few things on that site.
__________________
Ben and Doreen
Home Away From Home - 2017 PT Crusader 315RST
TV - 2008 F250 Lariat 4X4 6.4 Diesel
42 nights camping in 2015
57 nights so far in 2016 (a record for us, but Still Not Enough!)
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:57 PM   #89
Senior Member
 
MNtraveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,289
Invention: RV Temp Monitoring for Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampajohn View Post
there is a power outage app which is free on our android. Use it all the time.

What monitors the line power. Does it transmit by cellular or WiFi? Does it monitor high/low room temperature?

UPDATE: I see the Android app is a two phone system - one plugged it at the power site and the other to receive text messages. No temp monitoring but still a useful system.


Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Nights camped 2016: 32; RV to date: 35
__________________
2016 Forester 2401R
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:57 PM   #90
Senior Member
 
MNtraveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,289
Test activations.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1476982656.355615.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	123492


Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Nights camped 2016: 32; RV to date: 35
__________________

__________________
2016 Forester 2401R
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
vent

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.