Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Sorry guys, its justa truck. When I bought it new I drove it home and immediately got my key and scratched the fender.
Tada! No worries about dings and its first scratch.

Same with the camper.
A week old and I ran into it with the riding mower.

Was the ride on one on purpose as well or just an unfortunate accident?Or maybe it was fortunate,however you look at it.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #22
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Hey, when she gets finished with your roof send her on over, I never turn down good help!
Old 08-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #23

Wash the outside before I go then when I get back before putting it away. Wife cleans inside after we get back I usually go and finnish cleaning inside the spots she misses after all I'm taller and get the high places no problem just a routine and as far as the truck usually Just before we go someplace. I also had a accident with truck first month I owned it so it is broke in. also took off and removed the steps I forgot to raise first time I took it someplace what a bummer I grantee I don't forget no more...

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #24

I start cleaning before we leave the cg and heading home. I pull off all the sheets put them in a laundry bag along with the towels and other dirty things. I get out the shopvac if I have time and vacuum the floor from one end to the other. After getting home, laundry bag out the door, clean the bathroom and kitchen area and what else needs it. Hey, DW works so I have to do most of it plus I am retired. I will take the old hose and clean what needs outside, getting ready for the next outing. We enjoy it more if everything is clean and useable. Yes, camping is fun. We got out today and did a campground scouting trip for our future adventures.
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Sorry guys, its justa truck. When I bought it new I drove it home and immediately got my key and scratched the fender.
Tada! No worries about dings and its first scratch.

Same with the camper.
A week old and I ran into it with the riding mower.
WOW... and your an "airplane pilot' Say what>>>

ONLY KIDDING Herk..
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #26

My wife is the same way. But I don't usually clean the outside after every use. But we do deep clean the inside after every use.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #27

I bought a cordless Electrolux stick vac at Costco which works well during trips. I got one for the RV because I like the one in our kitchen at home. The handheld part detaches and there are tools to get crumbs from corners easily. It lives in the bathroom in the corner behind the toilet. If we are plugged in to shore power, it's charge light acts as a handy blue nightlight.

I wash the floor once a day - and wipe up spills as they happen.
days camped in 2011: 37 (up to Aug 1st)
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #28

Dad Is that you sounds just like my mother in law OCD on the cleaning . She scrubbed the no wax finish off my floor
tking01_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #29
Just Love to Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefeo1 View Post
I am a freak !I wash my TT twice a month roof and sides and awnings and I also wax it twice a year DW cleans inside after every trip. We go camping every other week end.
Same here Camper and truck Washed and cleaned everytime it gets pulled out the driveway. Inside scrubbed top to bottom before it leaves campground.

DH can't stand black streaks. Just got back from the beach and he even pulled in all three slides washed camper and waxed off black streaks during the trip.

Just waiting for him to start on a camper in front of him!!! He can't stand to even see them on someone elses rig!!!!
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #30
Camper Less Camping

Yep, I'd admit I'm a neat freak...
Wash exterior before each trip outing (approx 6x/yr), wash roof 4x/yr, inside gets cleaned just like our home once we get back from each trip...after three years of camping in our first unit, people always asked if we just bought it
( Looking back, should have bought a cover and eliminated a lot of work, but I do enjoy it!)

Old 08-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #31
(Kim)

I am the one who takes care of the TT around here and this is what I have been doing:
Before first outing of the year, every square inch of the interior is washed (yes ceiling included) and vacuumed; our TT sits in a dusty storage yard all winter with the vent open so it needs it.
Exterior and roof is washed (sides waxed), windows done also.

During trips, floors wiped down and swept several times a day; spot cleaning as needed for sinks, toilet, countertops. For getting those annoying crumbs off the dinette cushions I use a fabric lint roller which works perfectly!
Awning gets wiped down prior to roll-up when we leave the CG.

After trips pretty much everything gets washed/wiped down again making sure no crumbs are in cabinets etc, because I dont want anything to attract critters while TT is at the storage place between outings. I vacuum the mattresses, dinette cushions and pay special attention to the cracks and crevices near where my dog sleeps because fleas and such love hiding in those spots.
I wash the bugs off the front, clean windows and only wash the other 3 sides if needed. I don't do the roof.

I guess it also all depends on the size of your TT; mine is small so it does not take long. Those with big 5th wheels etc is another story altogether.

DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #32
Experienced Newbie

While I'm not a fanatic about cleaning I do clean my HTT as needed.

After each trip this year (I need to do it again today) I have washed the outside due to the bugs. My Blazer isn't nearly as tall as the trailer so there's a lot of build-up on the front, esp the night I drove through a mayfly swarm.

The interior is cleaned as we go and then a more thorough cleaning once we get home. Just part of the "after trip and prep for storage/next trip" process.

The popup we used to have looked like it came off the RV dealer lot when we sold it, aside from a small wear spot on the tile where the sink/cabinet rubbed.

2011 Silverado CC/SB
2014 Cougar 31SQB
mhartzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #33

Ok, so we wash the outside a couple of times a year and the inside well just keep up daily when out and at the end of trip a quick deep clean and we're ready to go for the next trip.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #34

We always clean up the inside real nice each trip, and I do the exterior every few trips. I bought a hose attached brush and it makes quick work of cleaning. I might be a lil more anal then some as I make sure my holding tanks are flushing clear water before I leave the CG too. My wife even makes fun of me because I HAVE to wash my truck before we set out too...

More than just cleaning...I am VERY religious in making sure all my seems are sealed and not cracking. Thats way more important than a cleaning. (you'll have a bigger mess to clean up)

TV = 2016 F-150 5.0L SCREW
Pit Crew: DW (Robin)
Kids: 9yo DD (Riley), 5yo DD (Kennedy)
Security: Boxer (Harley), yorkie (Willow)
BlakeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #35

Truck and TT get washed before every camping trip. TT is waxed in the spring and sometimes in the fall. Inside of TT gets a thorough cleaning at the end of every trip.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #36

I thoroughly clean the interior of our TT before we leave the CG. Just got home yesterday from a nine day camping vacation. Can't believe the amount of dust and dirt that accumulates on the woodwork in a week. Bad enough going home, then having to spend a few hours cleaning makes it doubly depressing. And since there was a very inexpensive laundromat at the county park, I did all of our laundry as well. Loved it!! As for the exterior, we wash it when it needs it. Right now, it needs it! But we have to also find the time. Since we both have full time jobs and a new business on the side, there is no such thing as extra time in our household. We're leaving again this Friday after work with the TT for a two day show. Is there a wash/wax fairy somewhere? Black streaks make me crazy......
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #37

I always wash the outside of the MH when we return from a trip and the DW will do the inside as we are breaking camp and finish after we arrive home. I use Meguires wash and wax which gives the MH a nice shine between the twice yearly wax job. I also rent a carpet cleaning machine and clean the carpets 4 times a year. The worst part of it is doing the laundry when we get back. It seems like my 3 teenagers use enough clothes for a month even on a short weekend trip. But after camping awhile and now having the MH parked at home we have a good routine so it makes it easier (except waxing all 36'4" of the MH that in not easy no matter what I do).
concours14 is offline   Reply With Quote