Old 08-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #31
I am the one who takes care of the TT around here and this is what I have been doing:
Before first outing of the year, every square inch of the interior is washed (yes ceiling included) and vacuumed; our TT sits in a dusty storage yard all winter with the vent open so it needs it.
Exterior and roof is washed (sides waxed), windows done also.

During trips, floors wiped down and swept several times a day; spot cleaning as needed for sinks, toilet, countertops. For getting those annoying crumbs off the dinette cushions I use a fabric lint roller which works perfectly!
Awning gets wiped down prior to roll-up when we leave the CG.

After trips pretty much everything gets washed/wiped down again making sure no crumbs are in cabinets etc, because I dont want anything to attract critters while TT is at the storage place between outings. I vacuum the mattresses, dinette cushions and pay special attention to the cracks and crevices near where my dog sleeps because fleas and such love hiding in those spots.
I wash the bugs off the front, clean windows and only wash the other 3 sides if needed. I don't do the roof.

I guess it also all depends on the size of your TT; mine is small so it does not take long. Those with big 5th wheels etc is another story altogether.

2010 Dodge Ram 1500
2012 Rockwood 2306
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #32
Experienced Newbie
While I'm not a fanatic about cleaning I do clean my HTT as needed.

After each trip this year (I need to do it again today) I have washed the outside due to the bugs. My Blazer isn't nearly as tall as the trailer so there's a lot of build-up on the front, esp the night I drove through a mayfly swarm.

The interior is cleaned as we go and then a more thorough cleaning once we get home. Just part of the "after trip and prep for storage/next trip" process.

The popup we used to have looked like it came off the RV dealer lot when we sold it, aside from a small wear spot on the tile where the sink/cabinet rubbed.

2011 Silverado CC/SB
2014 Cougar 31SQB
mhartzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #33
Ok, so we wash the outside a couple of times a year and the inside well just keep up daily when out and at the end of trip a quick deep clean and we're ready to go for the next trip.
Dennis and Julie
2012 Flagstaff 30WFKSS
2006 Chevy Silverado 1500
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2013 nights reserved/camped 46/71
2014 nights reserved/camped 6/21
Dennis and Julie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #34
We always clean up the inside real nice each trip, and I do the exterior every few trips. I bought a hose attached brush and it makes quick work of cleaning. I might be a lil more anal then some as I make sure my holding tanks are flushing clear water before I leave the CG too. My wife even makes fun of me because I HAVE to wash my truck before we set out too...

More than just cleaning...I am VERY religious in making sure all my seems are sealed and not cracking. Thats way more important than a cleaning. (you'll have a bigger mess to clean up)
TT = 2014 Palomino Solaire Eclipse 318TSBHK
TV = 2014 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4L V8
Pit Crew: DW (Robin)
Kids: 3yo DD (Riley), another DD cookin (Kennedy)
Security: 5yo Boxer (Sasha), 14yo yorkie (Porter)...he was married in
BlakeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #35
Truck and TT get washed before every camping trip. TT is waxed in the spring and sometimes in the fall. Inside of TT gets a thorough cleaning at the end of every trip.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #36
I thoroughly clean the interior of our TT before we leave the CG. Just got home yesterday from a nine day camping vacation. Can't believe the amount of dust and dirt that accumulates on the woodwork in a week. Bad enough going home, then having to spend a few hours cleaning makes it doubly depressing. And since there was a very inexpensive laundromat at the county park, I did all of our laundry as well. Loved it!! As for the exterior, we wash it when it needs it. Right now, it needs it! But we have to also find the time. Since we both have full time jobs and a new business on the side, there is no such thing as extra time in our household. We're leaving again this Friday after work with the TT for a two day show. Is there a wash/wax fairy somewhere? Black streaks make me crazy......
2012 Rockwood 8293RKSS
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel 4x4; 2012 Ford Escape 4x4. 3 very pampered cats.
Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69;2014: 68 2015: 90 Days camped 2016: 34
trudinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #37
I always wash the outside of the MH when we return from a trip and the DW will do the inside as we are breaking camp and finish after we arrive home. I use Meguires wash and wax which gives the MH a nice shine between the twice yearly wax job. I also rent a carpet cleaning machine and clean the carpets 4 times a year. The worst part of it is doing the laundry when we get back. It seems like my 3 teenagers use enough clothes for a month even on a short weekend trip. But after camping awhile and now having the MH parked at home we have a good routine so it makes it easier (except waxing all 36'4" of the MH that in not easy no matter what I do).

concours14 is offline   Reply With Quote