Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2019, 06:54 PM   #301

Today several stations had diesel priced less than reg gas. Gas was $3.07, diesel was $3.02.
ppine is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2019, 06:56 PM   #302

Took a trip to East of Pittsburgh this weekend. Paid $3.07 in Rochester NY and $3.39 in Johnstown PA

Days Camped in last 3 years - 79
Planned Days in 2021 - 50
Days Camped in 2021 - 0
Justice12t is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2019, 07:06 PM   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
Problem with taxes is that if they don't get them from you on the gas...

They'll steal them from you other ways...

Like toll roads...license plate charges...sales taxes...property taxes...beer taxes...yearly RV and truck inspection charges...

And as with most businesses, the taxes they have to pay just gets rolled into the cost of the product the consumer pays. I am in commercial trucking. All those taxes you mentioned, I roll them into the rate I charge to haul the product for the customer. That customer rolls the cost, along with their taxes, into the product the consumer buys. The consumer is getting the entire bill for all of that in the end.
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2019, 03:05 AM   #304

I happen to know someone in the oil business.

I have heard the opinion that diesel will likely always be more expensive than gas.

There is more energy per pound in diesel.

Gas now hitting the market is summer blend. It is the most expensive gas made during the year. Don’t know why.

Somehow the making of gas perhaps due to the summer blend there is more diesel made. Something like that.

In Ohio the gap between gas and diesel has narrowed. However, the state will raise the diesel tax $.09 more in July making the spread wider.

I suspect trucks will simply fill up elsewhere. Being local we will have to pay the tax. I think the governors tax will net them less then they planned. Although electric cars are being taxed via plates. $100- $200 is their fair share.
tomkatb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2019, 07:09 AM   #305

I suspect one day there will be no tax on fuel at the pump, you will be taxed on how many miles you drive in each state, federal and state
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2019, 07:17 AM   #306

This is one consideration when discussing diesel pricing vs. gasoline.

In 2017, refineries in the United States produced an average of about 20 gallons of motor gasoline and about 11 gallons of ultra-low sulfur distillate fuel oil (most of which is sold as diesel fuel and in several states as heating oil) from one 42-gallon barrel of crude oil.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Tags
diesel