Forest River Forums
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Forest River Forums > Forest River Community Forums > General Community Discussions

Old 06-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #1

is everyone pleased with the results of dometic recall

We have an appt, next week to have our refrig work done, we are on a permanent site, therefore, not able to bring TT back to original dealer, after a call to dometic I was given some numbers to call, ask about the travel charge, report back to dometic and basically told to use the cheapest price, my question is should we make it a point to be there when they fix it, we were told that we dont have to be, because they have master keys to the TT. I have never had a warranty problem, so would you assume that the numbers that they give you would be reputable? I did choose the one that had rv in their name,, when I spoke to him, he had mentioned the he had done quite a few in our area,,any thoughts!!

Old 06-22-2008, 03:19 PM   #2

Its a pretty simple thing that takes about 30 minutes for them to complete.

If they gave you the number then I would not worry at all.

They add two shields and a thermal switch best I can tell on ours.

Mike

Old 06-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #3

If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't know any thing about it. I have not been notified at all by anyone. It's things like this that make me give up camping, Dangerous issues, they don't care if you are notified or not. I guess this is the new American Way Don't do anything just turn the other cheek, it's a shame.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:45 PM   #4

rockwood06 MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE following

the Dometic customer ID number.

That is the number the dealer/repair service uses to get paid. The Dometic phone room is a JOKE at best.

Mike
Old 06-22-2008, 05:49 PM   #5

I have to find out if my dealer is one of the dealer that can do the repairs. From the info I read, not all dealers are authorized, and thanks for the info!
Old 06-22-2008, 05:50 PM   #6

Mine after the mickey mouse recall fix

Two shields and a thermal switch added.

We did go camping this weekend and the unit worked great so I replaced the battery in the smoke detector and pulled out the adult beverages.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0436.JPG
Views:	506
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	905   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0437.JPG
Views:	494
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	906   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0438.JPG
Views:	492
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	907  
Old 06-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #7

Is this the repair?
Old 06-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #8

Oh and yes the dometic kit is callled "sbh kit"

Peggy on the phone line was good at dometic and Laquisha < spelling? with Dometic made it happen for me.

Donetta is a joke on the phone line she done nothing but talk smack.

"SBH kit"
Old 06-22-2008, 05:57 PM   #9

What about the cracked manifold?
Old 06-22-2008, 05:59 PM   #10

yep thats the repair

1 shield around the canister thingy and a thermal switch added (the red wire switch) and the big outer sheild.

That photo was taken minutes ago.

Mike