Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swinks
We are all talking about grey water here right? Potable water that came from the ground into your fresh water holding tank out your showerhead down your body down the drain into your little 5 gal pail or whatever your using. Then your going to carry that pail carefully as to not spill a drop to a dumping station/toliet. ???? There are many countries in the world that go though great challenges to get drinking water that is much worse than your clean grey water. I love the environment and suport solar, wind power research etc.etc. But I would not be carrying it anywhere. It came from the ground and wants to go home. lol Cant find the smiley face icon or I would have one at the end.lol
Let's hope we don't get into yet ANOTHER conversation about dumping gray water on the ground. Gray water also comes from your kitchen sink, and as such,contains bits of food, grease, etc. Not only does it stink after sitting in your holding tank or bucket, it attracts critters to your camp site. The proper place to put ANY gray water is down the toilet or a sewage holding tank.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #22

Many states and counties will fine if caught with hose out or open dumping.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
Forgive me, but what is a "vault" toilet ?

Bean

It's an outhouse.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #24

A vault toilet is just a nicer name for a pit toilet!
lynnquilter is offline   Reply With Quote