Old 08-22-2015, 04:46 AM   #21

I haven't been around the forum long enough to tell what is normal. One of the dealers that I deliver to says that this has been the worst year he has ever had for customer complaints. He does not sell FR.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:55 AM   #22

Had my heritage Glenn for almost a year now only problem encountered was power tongue going bad I must be in minority with no complaint s

Old 08-22-2015, 08:43 AM   #23

I looked at fifth wheels for more than a year before I purchased the Wildcat. The is another forum that's just about Wildcats, for the most part the people that posted we're proud of there Wildcats, plus they had a man that came on the site from the factory that would help out owners, Wildcat Chris. They had problems but nothing that couldn't be fixed. The camper I was looking at was a 29RLBS and just before I brought Wildcat stopped building it. The one that replaced it was the Wildcat Sterling, I had the factory install all LED lights, they put in curved ceiling, a bedroom fireplace, garden windows in dining area. A 3D TV, the Sterling was made two years

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:58 AM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I looked at fifth wheels for more than a year before I purchased the Wildcat. The is another forum that's just about Wildcats, for the most part the people that posted we're proud of there Wildcats, plus they had a man that came on the site from the factory that would help out owners, Wildcat Chris. They had problems but nothing that couldn't be fixed. The camper I was looking at was a 29RLBS and just before I brought Wildcat stopped building it. The one that replaced it was the Wildcat Sterling, I had the factory install all LED lights, they put in curved ceiling, a bedroom fireplace, garden windows in dining area. A 3D TV, the Sterling was made two years

Wildcat Chris was a member here... made comments in the Wildcat section of THIS forum. He is currently elsewhere (in another line of the business). See this (but don't forget Chris is no longer here): Ask the Wildcat factory...

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:12 AM   #25

Just sayin

I use many forums as I am a fixer of broken things. I have saved a good bit by researching what others have done. I have posted ideas that have saved the money of other folks. I have noticed many forums have become abrasive and argumentative depositories. I don't mean to offend, just get along. When you pay $25-30 Thousand for a product, it should be worth the money. I have found too many QC oversights to ignore them. Campers are a friendly group and we deserve better support from the manufacturers. I worked in a plant and ran failure analysis to improve the product. Forrest River should do surveys at the 1 year and 5 year point to show they care, just sayin.
2015 Ram Big Horn
RETCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:52 AM   #26

I see the complaints falling into different categories, some of which are not FRs fault, some that are, and some that should not be complaints at all. All together we end up with a great deal of negative traffic. Previous posters noted that the industry has seen a big increase in sales. More units means (unfortunately) rushed manufacturing and more buyers that are new to RVs.
Categories of problems (from my perspective) include:
*Fit/finish issues-these things are FRs responsibility. Hopefully the negative traffic is used by FR for product improvement.
*Component failures (AC, fridge, pumps, motors, etc)-not FRs fault. New equipment is most likely to fail in the first few hours/days of operation. I cannot remember how many PCs, servers, switches I have installed and tested only to get a trouble call the next day.
*Problems people have because they do not understand the operation of a system or device. I read posts by some fine folks that obviously do not understand how to operate a screwdriver or crescent wrench (hey, every one starts somewhere) and their problems get dumped into the complaints.
The great thing about forums is that they can function like a very popular system for the automotive repair industry called Alldata. Failures/breakdowns are sorted by make and model, cataloged and prioritized so the repair people can quickly locate pertinent repair info. In that regard, sharing problems on a forum can really help others find solutions quickly.
Just a comment regarding RV dealers; members have acknowledged the higher level of QC in the automotive industry. However, after 25 years in that industry I could write a book full of engineering screwups, build problems, and dealer repair failures. For my personal vehicles (39 years worth), 90% of the times I have had work done by dealerships the work has been improperly done or resulted in damage to something other than the original problem. The wife says I live under a dark cloud in that respect-ymmv.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:05 AM   #27

Good news

It's great to hear good news for a change. I guess some people like to complain. We are still waiting for delivery of our 24s solera and looking forward to it. Hoping around the first few weeks of Sept.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:15 AM   #28

As mentioned...it is hard to get the service you pay for. Ex. Go to a eating establishment and order food. See if you are 100% satisfied. You may be full, but there is a good chance something could have been different. In the last 30 yrs I have seen many jobs done crappy. You either pay someone else to fix it or deal with it. Normal contractors just don't care that much. I dunno I am rambling. It's hard to get what you pay for.

Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:01 PM   #29

Love my 2013 - 3001w windjammer. Three years of traveling pleasure. No problems except tires. I just threw them out and replaced with Carlisles. Would buy one again but why? I love this one.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:22 PM   #30
peaceparson

My FR was an older model (2002) when I bought it in 2013, though it had been used only once. All the devices were still sealed in plastic! It has a few minor issues, like the nut doing the driving, but I don't let them spoil my fun. some of them I jsut live with, but most I fix, and move on.

BTW: mine is a crank-up pop-up. My son does all the hard work for me, and when he first begins to crank the top up or down, we hear a loud popping noise from the cable and/or crank unit. Any ideas? Is that indicating someting out of adjustment, or just a normal quirk of the unit?