Old 08-23-2015, 04:57 PM   #41

Is it my imagination or just a cycle?

I am a newer owner and I bought a 2016 27rr . I have found some issues but have not about anything being that they are standing behind their product and fixing on my schedule. Complaining gets you know where. Sort of like one of those crying kids in Walmart, cry all you want you're still not getting it,😭

Old 08-23-2015, 05:39 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrash View Post
I am a newer owner and I bought a 2016 27rr . I have found some issues but have not about anything being that they are standing behind their product and fixing on my schedule. Complaining gets you know where. Sort of like one of those crying kids in Walmart, cry all you want you're still not getting it,😭
Consider yourself fortunate that your dealership is standing behind your product. It doesn't always work that way. I spent 3 months dealing with a dealer that was not quite so easy to deal with. Had 5 holes in roof on new unit is not a small do it yourself fix. In fact the bill was $3600 to get it fixed at the repair center in Goshen, Indiana. Problem was it took 6 months to get it done. I worked with the Dealer for 3 months and finally got a authorized warranty service center to call Customer service at FR for me as they wouldn't talk to me as they said it was the dealers problem since they didn't catch it when it was delivered. The wood had to be replaced under the rubber roof also. This was on a 36 foot Sierra Fifthwheel with 3 slides. I guess I could have gotten an attorney and took a year to get them going. I was even going to get it fixed locally but none of the shops had sealing high enough to do a roof R&R. I buy stuff at Walmart and if I don't get what I want I go somewhere else. It don't work that way with the warranty work.

Old 08-23-2015, 06:06 PM   #43

Sorry to hear that . But I was having the same issue with my dealer but FR is taking care of my issues directly. What I really ment I probably stated it wrong or I took it wrong some people complain before they give the company a chance. And the Walmart statement was just like a saying a 2 year old crying at wm because he wants that toy is not gonna get him that toy.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:47 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideSaints View Post
My thoughts are... RV sales are up this year over previous years. A lot of new owners out there, now that people have had time to use their units over the summer they are finding the problems. I think PDIs are getting worse and new buyers do not know or understand the business and they don't realize the power of a solid PDI until it is too late. I am sure there are other reasons but I am with you, I too notice a lot more posts about problems, it does seem there are only a few brands that are posting heavily. Stealth being a big one lately. I havent seen one bad post on an EVO yet.
I'm new to the site and to the camping world my wife and I just purchased a 2013 2850 EVO and we have not found no issues with it we just love this thing.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:16 AM   #45

The Cedar Creek we have now has some minor problems but really to few to mention, the thing I really like is I can call up Cedar Creek and get help. Dealers are another matter. If you are looking for a fifth wheel then I suggest you look at Cedar Creek, a great camper

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:48 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymo1994 View Post
I'm new to the site and to the camping world my wife and I just purchased a 2013 2850 EVO and we have not found no issues with it we just love this thing.
Awesome to see another EVO 2850 owner. I have the 2015 and love it!

Nights Camped (2017- 16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote