Old 03-04-2015, 05:09 PM   #21
Fulltime family RVer

I actually very rarely camp/glamp. We aren't often in the woods and don't usually do outside campy stuff.

We are travelers and are able to afford it by using a camper. I will say, now that I've camped- I greatly prefer it even over even suites.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:19 PM   #22

Lol, I know!!!! When we were in a tent, I called it misery. When we were in a hybrid, to me THAT was camping. Now we are in a very comfy TT, affectionately known as the camper, and hey, call it what you will, I call it great

Old 03-04-2015, 05:57 PM   #23

For eight years I went "camping" with the army, then for some family time we would go tenting where we had the luxury of every year putting more stuff in a utility trailer where we were not roughing it anymore. Then upgraded to a TT with air, furnace, stove, toilet/shower, comfy bed that did not leak air in the middle of the night. We were not sure of the direction we were going until one day in the living room my son starts recalling stories of us "Camping" going from tent and campgrounds to our TT and those CG's. I realized then it did not matter with him as "He" considered anything we did with the TT was camping and had a story about it whether we were at a CG that resembled a parking lot or one a little more natural. As my father would say that it is nice to have memories when you get older.

Kevin
Old 03-04-2015, 06:05 PM   #24

I can honestly say, we 'used' to rough it.....because we didn't have a sleep number bed in our old rig.....we only had two TV's in our old rig and hold on for this...NO FIREPLACE in the old rig either. To this day I don't know how we survived.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:05 PM   #25

Call it what you will, I call it "relaxing!"
Old 03-04-2015, 06:08 PM   #26

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Camping is an elective outdoor recreational activity. Generally held, participants leave developed areas to spend time outdoors in more natural ones in pursuit of activities providing them enjoyment. To be regarded as "camping" a minimum of one night is spent outdoors, distinguishing it from day-tripping, picnicking, and other similarly short-term recreational activities.

Camping may involve sheltering in the open air, a tent, caravan, motorhome, or primitive structure. Luxury may be an element, as in early 20th century African safaris, but including accommodations in fully equipped fixed structures such as high-end sporting camps under the banner of "camping" blurs the line.

Camping as a recreational activity became popular among elites in the early 20th century. With time, it grew more democratic, and varied. Modern participants frequent publicly owned natural resources such as national and state parks, wilderness areas, and commercial campgrounds. Camping is a key part of many youth organizations around the world, such as Scouting, which use it to teach both self-reliance and teamwork.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:10 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilm2113 View Post
Call it what you will, I call it "relaxing!"
X2 for me. Especially so first thing in the morning with that steaming cup of joe before everyone is up and at'm.

Kevin
Old 03-04-2015, 06:13 PM   #28

Tenttotrailer- I agree, I am usually out taking pictures of the sunrises!
Old 03-04-2015, 06:18 PM   #29

A little of my history, I started out camping with my father in a tent to walk in/hike in sites. It was work but I did not mind because I was young. I camped that way until I joined the Army, I slept in a tent in the desert of Iraq for 15 months, I did have an ac and heater in there but there were also anywhere from 5 to 20 people sharing the tent with me. I them decided to go camping in Afghanistan for about 15 months. It was a tent too but this time I shared it with 5 of my closest friends, we had a heater and ac but it barely kept up.

Once I got back to the states my father in law gave me a 1978 Tauras 26 footer that my wife, son and I used for 3 years. It had no hot water heater, no ac but the heater did work.

Now this last month I bought a brand new EVO 2850 with every feature you could get.

Do I call this EVO camping, NO but I believe I have earned the right to call it whatever I want along with many of you that have gone through the progression of life.

It is all about getting out making memories and friends and spending precious time with the ones we love and cherish!

Nights Camped (2017- 16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:19 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenttotrailer View Post
X2 for me. Especially so first thing in the morning with that steaming cup of joe before everyone is up and at'm.

Kevin
This is me exactly!

Nights Camped (2017- 16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping