Old 03-05-2015, 05:30 PM   #71
Any fool can be uncomfortable while camping or you can go with luxury. While in your unit do you have a CAMPFIRE in the evening? I have done the tent, pup, slide in truck camper, 5er and now have a 3001 which is our summer home and a second trailer for traveling and will be used as our winter home in a warmer climate. DW and I full time and still consider what we do as camping. We have our nightly fires and enjoy a drink of 2 while entertaining guests around the fire.

Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 05:38 PM   #72
Hiked a part of the Appalachian Trail in my youth. Scenic but not comfortable. Those days are long over. My motorhome is my beachfront, mountain, event site vacation home. You may call as you wish but I sure love not digging my own toilet.

Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:15 PM   #73
David & Conrad Foxx
Just the mere fact that we're all communicating via this digital forum about what we do while some of us are doing it is actually ironic and funny, considering what camping once was (and still is for some) compared with what it is today.
FoxxLandArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:46 PM   #74
Originally Posted by M&K Hoffman View Post
I added this Coleman Lantern to my collection a few years ago. It belonged to my parents and I remember it well from "camping" during my childhood. The lantern dates from the late 50's and that is the original box which still has the label stating it came from The Sperry and Hutchinson Co. in Burlington, IA. (that is S&H Green Stamps for you youngsters!) I had to get a replacement fuel cap as the original one would not hold pressure, but it still works like new. amazing. I have been searching for a 10-58 Coleman 200A. To have a 200A that was your parents -- well, that's just the best! Enjoy it!
2010 Coachmen Clipper 126ST
2013 Toyota Highlander
JerseyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:00 PM   #75
DW and I took a motorcycle trip to Canada with a small tent and things packed on. On the way through Duluth it was in the low 40's, by the time we got into Canada it started to rain lightly, it did not stop for 2 days. It was miserable with no where to get out of rain so our last night we got a hotel room with a hot tub. A couple years later we bought our first PU camper and haven't looked back since. I have no problems towing my "home" around and calling it camping.
2015 Wildwood X-Lite 271RBXL
2013 Ford F150 Crewcab Ecoboost
Mowgli64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:32 PM   #76
I grew up in the wilderness of Virginia. Slept out in the woods many-a-nights under the stars. Sometime took a tent and built a campfire and cooked fish from the river. Later, dug my own catholes while "camping" in the Marines. Many more nights in 1/2 of a "Shelter Half" (occupied by another Marine with the other half). Many months "camping" in Iraq. Now that I am retired and can afford more luxuries, I don't mind a bit that I can tow my camper with toilet, bed, fridge, heat, a/c, tv, etc. and enjoy the outdoors with my wife and two kids. One day, I would like to show the kiddos what camping is like in a tent with a campfire, but for now, they love the 5th wheel and all they fun we have hiking, traveling, Jellystone, etc. Oh, yeah, the DW thinks that anything else, besides the TT/5er, is too uncomfortable to be enjoyable.
2015 Shasta Phoenix 28BH
2013 F-250 4X4 6.2L Gas
Reese Pro Series 20K# 5th Wheel Hitch
TrailAir Rota-Flex Pin Box
Dan'l Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:42 PM   #77
As long as I'm having fun, it just doesn't matter. I'm getting excited for our 2nd year with our camper.
laurarice26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:55 PM   #78
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Yeah Brian but you installed airbags (smart!) Something I should do (If I can stomp out this HORRIBLE case of upgradeitis to a Cedar Creek )
Stock Suspension on my Ranch. The only extra air is when I tell Tale Tales from Scuttlebutt Lodge..

The Cedar Creek takes a F350 for sure!! Good luck with that upgradeitis disease
B and B
2013 Rockwood 8289 Diamond Edition
GY D's/2.5 inch lift kit/Powerhouse 4 KW EFI Generator
2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:03 PM   #79
Site Team
Tent , pup or TT its all camping to me
Next year is here - GO CUBS- 6 more WINS to go