Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #21

We're feeling lucky here in east/central OK. Ice started accumulating on the trees and cars about 1 o'clock yesterday afternoon but when I woke up this morning it was 33 degrees and the ice is almost gone. We've been through a couple of ice storms before. It's not much fun to go without electric and water for 1½ weeks or more. We're getting some light cold rain and they're forecasting some light snow, but it will all end late this afternoon so there shouldn't be much on the ground.

They weren't as lucky north and west of here. OKC & Tulsa have slick streets packed with ice/sleet and it's starting to snow. All roads anywhere north and west of the line between OKC and Tulsa will be slick. Be careful if your traveling on I-40 around OKC. Some parts of I-40 have shut down at times from OKC west to the TX panhandle. Should just be some slick spots by Sunday.

Dealership called yesterday and said my tt is ready to go. I'll pick it up next weekend. They're 95 miles away so I'll wait till the weather clears. Then I'll clean her up and start loading. Probably do my first trip around the end of Feb. or first of March.

Stay warm and dry! Better days are just around the corner!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #22

spring or not were taking our new Puma 30thss out this weekend, it may be snowing but with a trailer and a camp fire what could be better!!!
commander ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:46 PM   #23

Go for it commander ryker. Sounds good.

I would like to, but I'm scared!
The service manager at my dealership told me that they sent three tt's to OKC yesterday morning. They left out about 8am. Two of them made it.
About half way there one hit ice on a bridge and totaled the tt and tv. Luckily no one was hurt.

Be safe, enjoy your trip. That campfire with snow on the ground sounds really good.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:35 AM   #24

Ouch! Crashing a new trailer sure would hurt. All the more reason to take our time on our upcoming trip. I shouldn't have said we were having a not too bad winter so far in s.w. Ontario. We got hit yesterday in our area with lots of snow squalls and high winds. Now it has dropped to -10 celsius in the daytime. Oh well it just makes Florida look that much better. Old guys
Old 01-30-2010, 06:18 PM   #25

Make that -20 celcius when we got up this morning. At least it is a beautiful clear day for hockey day in Canada which is being broadcast nationwide from here in Stratford . They were saying this morning that the kids playing hockey on the river today would have to go into the arena to get warm. I think we were all winter people at some point in our lives but it tends to fade after we get a bit older I guess. Old Guys
Old 01-30-2010, 09:37 PM   #26

We reached 30 degrees F today. We ended up with 4-5 inches of snow but the ground temp is warm enough that a lot of the snow melted today. We should reach a few degrees above freezing tomorrow and I expect most of the snow will be gone by tomorrow night.

I still have about 4 weeks before I get to camp, but until then I'll be getting the tt ready. To me that along with planning the trip is half the fun.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:39 PM   #27

We are at about 11" and it is still snowing. Temperature is about 18F.
Another 1.5" and we will be deeper than the December snow. And some folks have asked me if I have ever seen snow.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:40 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

We got by a lot better this time around, compared to the 2 footer we got in December. We got 7" this time around. It was 1 degree out this morning when I got up.

Sure is pretty out.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote