Old 09-27-2015, 11:59 AM   #11
If you go with something your really not liking for even small reasons It will bother you for ever. I prefer the Columbus over the cedar creek. Go on the internet and do a search for the Columbus your looking for you can probably find one close buy. This is what I did when I bought my unit.

j free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:42 PM   #12
We are 6 weeks into our Columbus 375rl. We are happy with it. Only minor problems so far. Nothing to suffer through a service visit for. Full timing. It does weigh in at12,400 but goes down the road real nice.

2015 Palomino Columbus F375RL
2014 GMC Denali HD
6.6 turbo diesel 6-speed Allison transmission
jman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:52 PM   #13
Global Nomad
cedar creek 36ckts

There were two Cedar Creeks at the Hershey show. The Cedar Creek Silverback and the CKTS. The Silverback had 3 entry steps and the CKTS, a higher version of Cedar Creek had 4. I ordered the 36CKTS. I don't know about the washer/dryer as we did not include that in the order.

We have been looking for the last 3 years for our first 5th wheel. We looked at the Columbus in the past, but now I can't recall why we rejected that model.

Most 5th wheel we rejected because the TV did not face the chair or sofa, you had to turn your head to watch. Not for me.
Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 02:09 PM   #14
Thanks everyone. We definitely are buying the Columbus. Not knocking the CC at all. There's an RV out there for everyone. It just didn't suit us. There were things we did like about the CC but not enough to change our minds. And I guess different dealers carry different lines. This one cant order the Columbus from the factory but is trying to find us one "somewhere else" that has the options we want. In the meantime there are 2 other dealers that can get us what we want from the factory. One we have heard some not so good things about and the other is a little more money. Probably gonna spend a little more for the better dealer. At least we hope its the better dealer. Going to find out. Fingers crossed.
rblake39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 03:44 PM   #15
It seems like Columbus has the most issues of any Forest River product from what you hear on this site and the Columbus site. I always liked them but you have to look past the goodies and look at the workmanship. Recently I read that there are some management changes going on at Columbus, hopefully they can make it as much a good looking unit as a quality unit. I'm a few years from replacing my unit and would like to stay with Forest river but Grand Design still leads the top of my list.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Big Rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:24 PM   #16
Don't forget, the dealer is at least half the decision. The wrong dealer can make the best made trailer the worst decision and vice versa. Research the dealer and then buy what su its your needs and wants the best.
keeprr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:41 AM   #17
You may want to call Columbus directly and ask about the floor plan you are interested in. They will tell you if they are still producing it and can even tell you which dealer ordered it.

Columbus along with several other FR brands are going through some growing pains. I understand that Columbus will be moving (or already have moved) out from under the Palomino brand which may mean a significant change in floor plan offerings.

For what it's worth...take your time making your choice...both in the rv and dealer. Both could have lasting effects on the long term quality of ownership. Good luck
Cathy & Jeff
Midland, Michigan
2013 Sabre 32RCTS / 2012 Ram2500 Hemi
Nights Camped: 2015-140; 2016-137 YTD; 160 Planned
SimchaSabre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:53 AM   #18
We have been looking at fifth wheels also and really like the Columbus but after taking a factory tour I was turned right off, I just don't want an RV that has been assembled at high speed and that is what I seen at the factory, Columbus appears with a lot of bling that is only skin deep. I took a tour of Cedar Creek also and found it to be built at a better pace with more attention to details not covered up, this of course is just my observations.
"Well that didn't go as expected"
2015 Chev 2500HD Highcountry Duramax
Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 02:23 PM   #19
Anyone happy with their Columbus out there? The Cedar Creek didn't have a ceiling fan which the GF loves. Didn't seem to have a pantry and very limited food storage. At least none we saw in the YouTube videos. And the washer/dryer face the wrong way. Not a big deal unless your full timing and always doing wash. Please someone, tell me something positive.
rblake39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:42 PM   #20
Global Nomad
The 36ckts has a ceiling fan, 18cu ft refrigerator, king size bed, 46" TV that faces the chairs (more important than the way the washer/dryer face), and plenty of pantry space.

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote