Old 08-17-2015, 08:25 AM   #1

Is the glass half full….. or half empty?

Some may remember my story about seeing our new trailer being towed to the dealer by the transporter. We are so excited to get the new trailer, hope we can schedule an appointment this week.

So, we started to clean off the old trailer to get ready to trade it in. Cleaned out the outside storage and then went inside to start removing stuff. I hit the switch to bring the slide out, and nothing. Hit it again, nothing….. just my luck, I have to fix the slide on my trailer prior to trading it in. The good thing is that it’s still under warranty, lol, that’s what happens when you get the camping disease, you upgrade quicker than the warranty expires!

Hoping it’s just a fuse, need to check it out in depth when I have a little more time.

2016 - 47 nights
2017 - 47 nights
LandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:33 AM   #2

Me too; traded 3 times in 2 years. Think maybe I got the right one this time though. Very happy with our Windjammer.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:48 AM   #3

If its anything more than a fuse I would just trade it in as is. They probably won't look at it close or maybe not at all. When I bought my Aviator they took my trade sight unseen. They just took the year and model and gave me the trade value and promptly put it up for sale at twice the price! The dealer builds in plenty of mark-up to cover any repairs so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Enjoy your new camper!

Seasonally in the Grand Marias, MN campground
On the beautiful shores of Lake Superior

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:48 AM   #4

Yeah, I got in the weeds a bit on this thread....

It's really about my slide that isn't working. What is the best course of action? Assuming it's a fuse, do fuses blow if/when there is nothing wrong with the motor? Or do I have an issue developing that will require work and or parts?
2016 - 47 nights
2017 - 47 nights
LandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:50 AM   #5

Three times in 8 years and thought I had it bad lol.

Either way you look at it, if the glass if half full your good, if the glass is half empty your good, leaves lots of room for vodka!
X96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:40 PM   #6

Traded our Palomino Puma fifth wheel for a Coachmen Chaparral 5vr a month ago. Only had the Puma 2 yrs. Wife was cleaning out Puma day before wr were to take delivery of Coachmen and missed bottom step upon exit and fell. Broke wrist in 2 places. So now I am eating TV dinners but have a new camper. Things happen LOL!
Old 08-17-2015, 01:44 PM   #7

we kept ours for 3 yrs no warranty... dealer offered me 14,500 for a trailer which sold locally in 2012 for $33,000
he wouldn't even look at me when he offered me that price. CROOKS

I sold it for 21,800 privately and purchased another one at less than they were selling for. when a friend of mine who works for the dealership asked me why i didn't by from them i told them that's the 3 rd. time i had been offended by them.

difficult to stay in business in good faith when you rob people blind.
as for the slide out... if its not looked at at time of sale then they assume it jsut broke after trade in.
just like when i was a cop and gave some people a break for lights burnt out. it must have happened after you left - but get it fixed before your next stop.

The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote