Old 06-17-2015, 09:52 PM   #21
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
The water filter canisters that are causing the unscrewing issue is the one that uses the KW1 filter (very expensive filter). have not seen any issues for those units that have the CCl-10-CLW filter housing. The CCl-10-CLW filter is the standard 10 inch variety and therefore any 10 inch filter can be installed and is available at HD/L/WM etc.. They are the identical ones used in a whole house filter system. The filters can be as cheap as you want to the more expensive types. All the water going into my coach from shore hookup and from holding tank is filtered through this type filter and I use the filtered water for all water related requirements including drinking (just like home). The filters work just fine for me. Have been using this type set up for over 12 years and have camped from shore to shore with no issues. Just another input.

Filters are not the same, KW1 has a nipple on the top that fits into the top housing.

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1434595949.717786.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  60.0 KB

2012 Ram 1500 5.7L 3.92

2015 2809 WindJammer

ov845 is offline   Reply With Quote

water, water filter