Old 02-19-2016, 12:08 PM   #21
Pretty green reading about you early campers. We didn't go south this winter so the motorhome is under a snow pile. Won't be till June for us. May has far too many bugs in Northern Ontario. Enjoy a cold one for us all you early birds!

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
nights camped 2015-89
2016 - 31
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:43 PM   #22
Originally Posted by Springerdad View Post
Two weeks and we get a week on Ft Myers Beach at the Red Coconut for spring break. After that my work schedule ramps up and there won't be any camping for us until November. Grrrrr.
When they told me I would need to drop my 5er and they would back it into the tight site with a tractor, we moved on. That is just too tight and my 5er is only 35'!

CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:57 PM   #23
It is a bit snug on the beach side. It makes me a little nervous when they move my TT across the road and into the beach side area. But, they are damn good at doing it. Very friendly and helpful staff there. For us, it's worth it to be right on the beach.
David and Vicki
5 year old Springer rescues Sydney and Piper
2013 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab Duramax/Allison stock "Big Red"
2016 Dutchmen Denali 287RE "The Dog House"
Eaz Lift WDH w/ Blue Ox 2 1/2" trunion
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:20 PM   #24
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Agreed..... Which got me thinking.. The investment that we make ( cold climate people ) on rv's.. Do not do the math, at what your camper actually costs you per night... You will be sad.

If we can get out 50 nights a year, thats a good year !!
Its really expensive if you look at it that way. So, i dont..

Just keep smiling !
Just think about it this way. Would you rather spend 50 nights a year camping or 365 nights a year thinking about it. That time camping brings a lot of memories and those memories drive you to make new ones.

We sold our camper a few years ago because we had a second home. Perfect, one for summer, one for winter. DW got the itch. Why do we go to one home and work our posteriors off only to go the the second home and do the same thing?

We purchased a new (yr old) MH and took a two week trip to where we honeymooned 47 yrs ago. Our son and DIL stayed with us a few days. It was her first time camping. Life is good!! You can't put a price on that.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:30 PM   #25
We live at the beach so being on it is not important. We just spent more than a month in FL and only went to the beach twice for less than an hour each time. We get sand tracked into and blown into the house so not needed when camping. We stayed on the beach in Myrtle Beach when the girls were young and we lived in PA.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:06 PM   #26
I just booked 4 nights in April at Manatee Springs State Park in Florida. First time there. It wasn't easy trying to find a few available days before June and July when it can be pretty hot. I'm excited. So far my trips have been within a couple hours from home and this is a bit longer. Thinking of what to book when I leave there. Maybe the Keys?
Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:32 PM   #27
Unhappy long wait

Its this time of year that I envy all of you down south. Another 5 weeks before my tt even comes out of storage and then several more weeks before we can take it out. But even though it may not be cost effective when you add it up by the number of days spent camping - you can't put a price on great memories! Hoping to get going camping by the end of May. cincia
and my furry kids - Cesare, Cincia, and Dante
Chevy Express 3500 van
Palomino Solaire 251RBSS
Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
cincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 04:40 PM   #28
DW and I returned yesterday from a short 5 night trip to north Arkansas. First 3 nights were a little below freezing but that is why we spent a little more for a 4 season 5er. Days were nice. The last two were in the 70's. Short getaways are awesome!

Looking forward to Yellowstone in June and on to Helena, MT to see our daughter and son-in-law. Life is good.

wetland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:52 PM   #29
We've already got the air conditioners running in Texas!
banda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 06:43 PM   #30
We're heading to Atlanta Motor Speedway on Wednesday for a long weekend there. It looks like the weather will be much better than last year's. It won't be much of a trip, it's only 35 miles away.

aufinger is offline   Reply With Quote