Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2016, 12:54 PM   #51
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmith2859 View Post
Campfire, drink in your hand, glow of the awning lights, some good tunes on the outdoor speakers, the love of your life sitting next to you......SO EXCITED FOR SPRING!
Yep, living that life now and knowing that when I leave this campground- I'll go to the next one directly. This is home.
__________________

__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:06 PM   #52
Member
 
Brim1162's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Arlington
Posts: 77
Me and DW have got nine days in already this year love north Texas weather. 🤗🤗🤗


Brim & Dee Cary
Arlington Texas
Flagstaff 8528IKWS
GMC 2500
__________________

__________________
Brim & Dee Cary
2015 GMC Sierra 6.0 Flex
2015 SL 85281KWS
DFW Texas
Brim1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:26 PM   #53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Greater Houston Area
Posts: 116
Here are some pictures of my Faire friends from this weekend. Had a great time. Planning another trip St. Patricks day weekend. This time, in my new TT.

Will be in Middlebury, Indiana so I will get a taste of the weather you northern folk have been commiserating about. Hope I do not get too much of it at once.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160221_171454.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	536.0 KB
ID:	100174   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160221_174344.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	508.2 KB
ID:	100175   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160221_185846.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	100176  
__________________
2016 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS = "Madame Maxime"
Maxxis M8008 E rated Tires and 16" Wheel Upgrade
Dual A/C, 14K Equalizer WD hitch with SC
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins TD, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 04:10 AM   #54
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 15
You and your friends are looks like in disney film characters.
__________________
faridania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:23 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
scootingranny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystone View Post

Heading to Tyler State Park in TX for a few nights. Then on to Lake Charles, LA for 11 days.
We just got back yesterday from four days at Tyler State Park. Watch out for the raccoons because they are in VERY high numbers and unafraid of people. One guy fishing next to our group said that he was cooking on his George Forman grill outside. Turned around to go into his 5er for something and heard a noise. Looked back at his cook table and there was a raccoon... that had opened his Forman grill, grabbed a cooking hamburger patty, closed the grill and ran off with half his dinner. The numbers were declining as of our last night there and we tried to shoo them away but they were hard to get rid of. I did see an animal control truck drive through the area when we were there and I'm hoping they had trapped some for relocation elsewhere. But still had a great time (our first here) and a place we will definitely go back to. Went hiking, some of our group went fishing (notice I said fishing, not catching) hahaha.

Also, where are you staying in Lake Charles? If you have time, can you post a few pics. We hope to be in that area soon.

This little creature tried to follow our friend into her Vibe, even going up the step behind her. When she noticed him there, she screamed at it and it ran away. For a minute. Came back tho. Eyes sure came out spooky in this picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fullscreen capture 2232016 11851 PM.bmp.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	100231  
__________________
2015 Coachmen Chaparral 360 IBL
2014 Ram 3500 Turbo Diesel 6.7 4wd Crew Cab Dually
scootingranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:40 PM   #56
Senior Member
 
scootingranny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 382
9am breakfast-taquitos and mimosas for 6 members of the Myassis Dragon Glamping Crew... (#6 is me and I'm taking the pic). The guy on the right is our group's crazy guy... LOVE camping/hiking/fishing/motorcycling with this crew. Definitely recommend this park. Weather was 70s in the day, 50s at night--good February camping weather. Rain held off until our last night there, then again when we were loading up and headed home on Monday the 22nd.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_6701.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	536.8 KB
ID:	100232   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_6538.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	476.8 KB
ID:	100233  
__________________
2015 Coachmen Chaparral 360 IBL
2014 Ram 3500 Turbo Diesel 6.7 4wd Crew Cab Dually
scootingranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:43 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
Wolverine 1945's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthWest Michigan
Posts: 3,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairenatic View Post
Here are some pictures of my Faire friends from this weekend. Had a great time. Planning another trip St. Patricks day weekend. This time, in my new TT.

Will be in Middlebury, Indiana so I will get a taste of the weather you northern folk have been commiserating about. Hope I do not get too much of it at once.
Best not check out SW Michigan this Thursday,,,
Looking for 6 to 10" of Wet Heave Snow !!!

__________________
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:06 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Greater Houston Area
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Best not check out SW Michigan this Thursday,,,
Looking for 6 to 10" of Wet Heave Snow !!!

Thanks for the heads up. I think I am going to sneak in on Monday for my Tuesday PDI on the 1st of March. Hopefully, the weather will clear a little by then.

I hear 10" may fall on Wednesday or Thursday before I get there. Yikes.
__________________
2016 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS = "Madame Maxime"
Maxxis M8008 E rated Tires and 16" Wheel Upgrade
Dual A/C, 14K Equalizer WD hitch with SC
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins TD, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:11 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Greater Houston Area
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootingranny View Post
We just got back yesterday from four days at Tyler State Park. Watch out for the raccoons because they are in VERY high numbers and unafraid of people. One guy fishing next to our group said that he was cooking on his George Forman grill outside. Turned around to go into his 5er for something and heard a noise. Looked back at his cook table and there was a raccoon... that had opened his Forman grill, grabbed a cooking hamburger patty, closed the grill and ran off with half his dinner. The numbers were declining as of our last night there and we tried to shoo them away but they were hard to get rid of. I did see an animal control truck drive through the area when we were there and I'm hoping they had trapped some for relocation elsewhere. But still had a great time (our first here) and a place we will definitely go back to. Went hiking, some of our group went fishing (notice I said fishing, not catching) hahaha.

Also, where are you staying in Lake Charles? If you have time, can you post a few pics. We hope to be in that area soon.

This little creature tried to follow our friend into her Vibe, even going up the step behind her. When she noticed him there, she screamed at it and it ran away. For a minute. Came back tho. Eyes sure came out spooky in this picture.
I should have said something. The raccoons show up in herds. Usually right at dusk, in the evening. And you are right. They are not afraid of ANYTHING. Not even my coon dog.
__________________
2016 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS = "Madame Maxime"
Maxxis M8008 E rated Tires and 16" Wheel Upgrade
Dual A/C, 14K Equalizer WD hitch with SC
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins TD, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:50 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 4,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairenatic View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I think I am going to sneak in on Monday for my Tuesday PDI on the 1st of March. Hopefully, the weather will clear a little by then.

I hear 10" may fall on Wednesday or Thursday before I get there. Yikes.

I wish you could ship some of that snow to NC. 10 inches, WOW


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ignhavefun.gif
spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.