Old 02-24-2016, 12:14 AM   #61

We have our maiden voyage the second weekend of March to Dreher Island State Park then to Anchor Down RV Resort in TN the second weekend of April. After that we have our annual trip to James Island County Park for the week of the 4th but I'm sure that we'll be camping some more in between that time Can't wait!

Old 02-24-2016, 09:54 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I wish you could ship some of that snow to NC. 10 inches, WOW

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Some of it ???
H you can have it all !!!

Old 02-24-2016, 10:00 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairenatic View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I think I am going to sneak in on Monday for my Tuesday PDI on the 1st of March. Hopefully, the weather will clear a little by then.

I hear 10" may fall on Wednesday or Thursday before I get there. Yikes.
Looks better after Thursday,,, Sunday near 50 & Rain,,,
That aut to make a fine muddy mess !!!
Old 02-24-2016, 10:09 AM   #64

Trying to book up a short trip (4 days max) for next month, to keep us going until our long road-trip in the summer.
Unfortunately we'll probably only manage the one trip between now and June since I need to save up my time-off for our 8-week summer trip (tho' we've already camped some this year, over new-years and another short-break over MLK weekend)
Old 02-24-2016, 10:37 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I wish you could ship some of that snow to NC. 10 inches, WOW

Keep it inland if you want it. If I want to see snow I'll turn on the Weather Channel. No need at the coast ~~ hard enough to get the boat out.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:29 AM   #66

You are so right! Have serious camping fever!! Here in Cincinnati winter is slowly coming to an end. We already booked our first weekend for March 18 at a local county campground that is very nice with full hookups. Can't wait to spend our first 2 nights camping in our brand new TT.

John

2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland (Hemi)
Old 02-24-2016, 01:10 PM   #67

I wanted to see it snow this year but we didn't get any, I can hope for maybe a March snowstorm. I like snow cream

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 01:33 PM   #68
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
I think camping is the best cure for stress relief and anything else.

We have now been down on the Baja since early November and will start driving back to British Columbia early March.

Life is good

Oh my gosh that is beautiful!!!

XLR Owners United!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 07:33 PM   #69

I think everyone is buying RV's because it is getting harder and harder to schedule weekend trips as the campgrounds are always full. When you have a 40' RV and a 22' TV, you end up with very limited options for campsites. With the older TT and TV we sold two years ago, it wasn't that big of a deal!

It just made me sick to see that thing sitting in the side driveway... week after week, month after month, and not being able to use it. Well after two years of not camping very much since we got that 5ver and new truck, the DW and I had to do something about it.

We just closed on 11 acres of land way out in the boonies... about a hour from our home. It has a very long private drive about 1000' on a right-of-way between two other plats and the property already has power. Prior owner was going to build a house there but the military changed his life plans. The best part is there is nothing around for at least a mile in any direction other than cattle, deer, and a Sasquatch or two.

I'll add the septic and well this summer but at least now we have a plan. Eventually when I retire it will be place to downsize when we sell our current home but until then... it is a place to camp!!!!!!!
Troy, NC
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 07:50 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
I think everyone is buying RV's because it is getting harder and harder to schedule weekend trips as the campgrounds are always full. When you have a 40' RV and a 22' TV, you end up with very limited options for campsites. With the older TT and TV we sold two years ago, it wasn't that big of a deal!

It just made me sick to see that thing sitting in the side driveway... week after week, month after month, and not being able to use it. Well after two years of not camping very much since we got that 5ver and new truck, the DW and I had to do something about it.

We just closed on 11 acres of land way out in the boonies... about a hour from our home. It has a very long private drive about 1000' on a right-of-way between two other plats and the property already has power. Prior owner was going to build a house there but the military changed his life plans. The best part is there is nothing around for at least a mile in any direction other than cattle, deer, and a Sasquatch or two.

I'll add the septic and well this summer but at least now we have a plan. Eventually when I retire it will be place to downsize when we sell our current home but until then... it is a place to camp!!!!!!!
It is difficult at times. My biggest challenge is snowbirding in FL as it does fill up. We make our reservations there before we leave. The rest of the year is a bit easier as we rarely camp during periods school is not is session. Summer is time to let those with kids to fill the CGs and keep the boat on the Atlantic. When they kids and their parents are in the grind less problems finding a site and more relaxing too.