Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2016, 12:14 AM   #61

We have our maiden voyage the second weekend of March to Dreher Island State Park then to Anchor Down RV Resort in TN the second weekend of April. After that we have our annual trip to James Island County Park for the week of the 4th but I'm sure that we'll be camping some more in between that time Can't wait!
Old 02-24-2016, 09:54 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I wish you could ship some of that snow to NC. 10 inches, WOW

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Some of it ???
H you can have it all !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:00 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairenatic View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I think I am going to sneak in on Monday for my Tuesday PDI on the 1st of March. Hopefully, the weather will clear a little by then.

I hear 10" may fall on Wednesday or Thursday before I get there. Yikes.
Looks better after Thursday,,, Sunday near 50 & Rain,,,
That aut to make a fine muddy mess !!!
Old 02-24-2016, 10:09 AM   #64

Trying to book up a short trip (4 days max) for next month, to keep us going until our long road-trip in the summer.
Unfortunately we'll probably only manage the one trip between now and June since I need to save up my time-off for our 8-week summer trip (tho' we've already camped some this year, over new-years and another short-break over MLK weekend)
Old 02-24-2016, 10:37 AM   #65

Quote:
I wish you could ship some of that snow to NC. 10 inches, WOW

Keep it inland if you want it. If I want to see snow I'll turn on the Weather Channel. No need at the coast ~~ hard enough to get the boat out.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:29 AM   #66

You are so right! Have serious camping fever!! Here in Cincinnati winter is slowly coming to an end. We already booked our first weekend for March 18 at a local county campground that is very nice with full hookups. Can't wait to spend our first 2 nights camping in our brand new TT.

John

2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland (Hemi)
jgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 01:10 PM   #67

I wanted to see it snow this year but we didn't get any, I can hope for maybe a March snowstorm. I like snow cream

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 01:33 PM   #68
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
I think camping is the best cure for stress relief and anything else.

We have now been down on the Baja since early November and will start driving back to British Columbia early March.

Life is good

Oh my gosh that is beautiful!!!

XLR Owners United!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 07:33 PM   #69

I think everyone is buying RV's because it is getting harder and harder to schedule weekend trips as the campgrounds are always full. When you have a 40' RV and a 22' TV, you end up with very limited options for campsites. With the older TT and TV we sold two years ago, it wasn't that big of a deal!

It just made me sick to see that thing sitting in the side driveway... week after week, month after month, and not being able to use it. Well after two years of not camping very much since we got that 5ver and new truck, the DW and I had to do something about it.

We just closed on 11 acres of land way out in the boonies... about a hour from our home. It has a very long private drive about 1000' on a right-of-way between two other plats and the property already has power. Prior owner was going to build a house there but the military changed his life plans. The best part is there is nothing around for at least a mile in any direction other than cattle, deer, and a Sasquatch or two.

I'll add the septic and well this summer but at least now we have a plan. Eventually when I retire it will be place to downsize when we sell our current home but until then... it is a place to camp!!!!!!!
Troy, NC
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 07:50 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
I think everyone is buying RV's because it is getting harder and harder to schedule weekend trips as the campgrounds are always full. When you have a 40' RV and a 22' TV, you end up with very limited options for campsites. With the older TT and TV we sold two years ago, it wasn't that big of a deal!

It just made me sick to see that thing sitting in the side driveway... week after week, month after month, and not being able to use it. Well after two years of not camping very much since we got that 5ver and new truck, the DW and I had to do something about it.

We just closed on 11 acres of land way out in the boonies... about a hour from our home. It has a very long private drive about 1000' on a right-of-way between two other plats and the property already has power. Prior owner was going to build a house there but the military changed his life plans. The best part is there is nothing around for at least a mile in any direction other than cattle, deer, and a Sasquatch or two.

I'll add the septic and well this summer but at least now we have a plan. Eventually when I retire it will be place to downsize when we sell our current home but until then... it is a place to camp!!!!!!!
It is difficult at times. My biggest challenge is snowbirding in FL as it does fill up. We make our reservations there before we leave. The rest of the year is a bit easier as we rarely camp during periods school is not is session. Summer is time to let those with kids to fill the CGs and keep the boat on the Atlantic. When they kids and their parents are in the grind less problems finding a site and more relaxing too.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 08:37 PM   #71

Quote:

Sound just like what I am looking for when I get back. I have already sold the house. Now, just need to find that special piece of ground to call my own. Having full hookups when constructing the house will make it less painful.

Wish you the best of luck. It seems you are moving in the desired direction.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins TD, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:08 PM   #72

My next door neighbor died a few years ago and her kids sold the house to someone and we brought the lot. One of the best investments we ever made, we park the camper on it. I would sell the house in a minute but DW says no, I would keep the lot

Old 02-25-2016, 09:02 AM   #73

Quote:
I wanted to see it snow this year but we didn't get any, I can hope for maybe a March snowstorm. I like snow cream

We got 8 to 12" of very Wet & Heave snow over the last couple of days,,,
You can have all you want !!! I am just hoping my Old Tractor & Blower will move it ??? I will find out soon !!!
Old 02-25-2016, 09:06 AM   #74

Gas prices will put a lot more people on the road this summer !!!
Old 02-25-2016, 09:33 AM   #75

Quote:

Congrats on the new property. I do want to bring up a point on the easement you have. While this is still fresh, make sure that you have a proper easement agreement and not just permission to cross.

We purchased a parcel of property 10 yrs ago. This was formerly a family farm that had been parceled and then a parcel each given to the several children. One of the heirs opted to sell. This lot has highway frontage with a scenic easement and the other three sides are all siblings owned. The property owner is now telling us that they have withdrawn "permission" to use the "easement drive". The DOT will not issue a drive permit because, when the property was divided up, it did not meet the DOT criteria for road frontage. In effect, we are landlocked on a highway.

We are in litigation, because when the land was divided, the proper documents were not drawn for a proper easement. Only one of the several property owners has unequivocal access to the highway. Both seller's and buyer's brokers were negligent in not verifying the easement use because it was a contract contingency. But there is a 7 yr limitation on recourse.

The title company is representing us on the easement issue. Eventually, we will prevail, but there is a lot of frustration and animosity that should never have been. According to law, no parcel of land can be landlocked. But the lesson is: permission to cross another's land can be terminated at any time while a properly instrumented easement agreement is forever.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:59 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
We got 8 to 12" of very Wet & Heave snow over the last couple of days,,,
You can have all you want !!! I am just hoping my Old Tractor & Blower will move it ??? I will find out soon !!!
We managed to dodge the bullet yesterday. We had two rotating cells come across our area. According to the NWS, one of them came right over the top of us. Both of our cell phones gave us a tornado warning. We sheltered in place. This is supposed to be the Sunshine State.

Both of these cells touched down as about 3 miles from us. One damaged a bank roof and the EF 1 significantly damaged 25+ homes. Winds were estimated at 90 mph.

At times, the old tractor and blower seem like better options. Or, sit back with a cup of hot chocolate and watch it melt.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:19 AM   #77

We have a driveway at our house but like most about 10ft wide. When we first got the lot beside us it had a driveway the same size, no problem we didn't have a camper. After the camper's came along I added 4ft more to driveway, now get bigger camper and it's hard to back in. Then I found out in North Carolina if you furnish the pipe DOT will put in two twenty sections, now I have a forty foot driveway and no problems about backing in anymore

Old 02-25-2016, 12:26 PM   #78

Some of you guys have really gotten me moist, lol, with talk of already camping or fixing to do so soon. Winter has been mild in WNY State so if if continues towards an early spring plan to get my rig out of storage mid March and try to get out in it by April. There's a real nice campground open year round only 90 miles away from my house. The OP hit the nail on the head with sitting by the campfire with your sweetie with adult beverage in hand, and quiet music of choice playing from the ipod docking station. Some nights awing lights, some not, just gazing at the stars.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:40 PM   #79

You know I like just going, I like the journey. I like having DW all to myself, I love seeing what's around the next curve in the road with the love of my life. I like meeting new friends seeing new places, will Tuesday ever get here.

Old 02-25-2016, 04:16 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
It is difficult at times. My biggest challenge is snowbirding in FL as it does fill up.
Yes, very tricky for those of us in FL to get a campsite for a weekend break, since they're all booked up with all of you snowbirds ;-)

Trying to find somewhere for a nice long weekend next month
leefl is offline   Reply With Quote