Old 03-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #11
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
Given the OP's original statement "We purchased in Nov and they have been storing since then and possibly there was a bungee chord or canvas that was stuck in the seal during this time"

They have owned this unit for 4 months now even though they do not have it home so IMO asking for a new unit is not even an option. Getting FR to repair it properly is the way to go, and if you read through the many posts of units going back to the factory I believe the OP will be very happy with the end result. As one poster mentioned though I would be on top of RVW though the whole process though as the gentleman that posted the warning got the royal shaft by RVW last year.
Was a PDI done in November or was it done when you were picking the unit up?

X2 on what Saks said - stored since Novemeber so I doubt they would give you a new unit.
X2 on what Dan said - on the units that have been sent back to the factory have come back better then new with Free upgrades and havent seen any unsatisified posted to my knowledge.

2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 - Matt
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Qaud Cab 4x4 with 35" tires and 3.92 gears, Dynatech Longtube Headers & Fabtech 6" lift + Superchips with shift Tuning
Nights Camped 2011 (37) - 2012 (16)-2013 (2) -2014 (5) -2015(0)
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #12
Moderators' Assistant
Originally Posted by Cincy6 View Post
If anyone knows of a contact person at FR who has been helpful with warranty work in the past that would be great.
unfortunately, the Roo/Shamrock line doesn't have a rep that posts here, like Wildcat, Prime Time and other brands.
as far as i know, Gregg Rollins is the contact person for Roo. he's not the easiest person to get in touch with, nor hear from.
emails to him, are better than leaving phone messages.

i would contact RVW, since they have a close relationship with the Rockwood division and see if they can supply the name of someone, if not Gregg.

Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #13
Thanks for all the replys

Yes, we have owned it since Nov. but PDI was just done before we went to pick up.

I agree that having them send it back is the best solution. I just want to do all I can on this end to make it a positive outcome. It's good to hear all of the positve responses from folks dealing with FR factory. I will see if RVW can provide a contact at FR once the process starts. Hopefully I will be able to write a positive post concerning both FR and RVW after this is resolved! Thanks for all the feedback.
Cincy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #14
You wont be deceived when you will get your trailer from the factory repair. They did a super good repair on mine and it was major with complete rear wall replacements etc etc. They even went through a complete trailer check up and did some other trailer work that was not on the list. We tried also to have my trailer replaced since it was brand new and considering the major repair it would have been better to keep this trailer for spare parts but they said that they never exchange trailers for another one. We were very happy with their job. There is nothing more frustrating when you buy a new trailer and you discover a week after that you made a major mistake!

capucine is offline   Reply With Quote