Old 03-13-2019, 12:58 PM   #1

It's Here!! Rockwood arrived

New Rockwood 2898KS got to Tampa last night. My national salesperson emailed me this am and Tampa store called and set up PDI and paperwork. Must be nice to be busy they deliver 3 per day and first available was one week from tomorrow.

frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:46 PM   #2
Trailer Park Supervisor

Congrats Frank! It is pretty exciting, just picked up my first TT in November. At least you will be able to use yours right away!

Old 03-13-2019, 08:52 PM   #3

Got here early, was told 8-12 weeks made it in 6 1/2 ... we are ready Amazon order came in this week X Chokes are here + 507 TPMS and Furrion observation camera ...
Old 03-14-2019, 06:48 AM   #4
Green Horn

nice unit
kevin211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:24 AM   #5
Trailer Park Supervisor

Nice. Which Furrion camera did you get? I'm waiting for prices to fall on the Vision S (the latest model). The 5 and 7 inch screen models are outrageously priced. I want the 5" but won't pay more than 400 for it. The little 4.3 inch is a bit too small for my eyes.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:08 AM   #6

Now plan your maiden voyage. We went 250 miles into Kentucky.

Our first trip it rained 6 of seven days. Perfect!

It takes a lot of time to figure stuff out. Make sure there are plenty of cold drinks and good food.

These fivers are so complicated. We sterilized water lines. Set up a wi fi booster system. Repaired minor issues. Winterized the unit before coming back. Bought even more stuff. Campground stores are good places to spend money.

Learned the art of the tank emptying. The greatest challenge was the thermostat. Wife can make it work pretty much. I am helpless.

Took hours to figure out the tv and antennas.

A part fell out of the dryer. Splendid was wonderful on the phone.

Learned to make a wi fi hub from the DWs phone.

The manufacturer forgot to plug the DVD player into the tv. Learned how to remove the fireplace. One needs tools.

The auto leveler hates me. It obeyed the DW.

Watching us park is still fun. We set up chairs and sell tickets

This a lovely way to travel. We can park and get out the cocktails in less than an hour now. A lot less for an overnight stop. 10 minutes in a pouring rain. (Someone needs to own a serious raincoat). We have a system. Spent 8 weeks in our fiver last year.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:24 AM   #7

Congrats and enjoy your new Rockwood 2898KS.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Nice. Which Furrion camera did you get? I'm waiting for prices to fall on the Vision S (the latest model). The 5 and 7 inch screen models are outrageously priced. I want the 5" but won't pay more than 400 for it. The little 4.3 inch is a bit too small for my eyes.
here it is ... thanks ... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 03-14-2019, 08:56 AM   #9
Site Team

Congrats on your new toy. One word of caution to insure that the experience remains positive. When you do your PDI and pick/up please leave your excitement at home and make it a pure business deal. If you find issues that need correction during your PDI do not accept "take it and bring it back after you have had a chance to try everything". Dealers are very busy and and warranty work pays less than non-warranty work. They will be very motivated to correct issues before they get your money. Once you are happy and take delivery. Enjoy it and have fun.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:01 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Congrats on your new toy. One word of caution to insure that the experience remains positive. When you do your PDI and pick/up please leave your excitement at home and make it a pure business deal. If you find issues that need correction during your PDI do not accept "take it and bring it back after you have had a chance to try everything". Dealers are very busy and and warranty work pays less than non-warranty work. They will be very motivated to correct issues before they get your money. Once you are happy and take delivery. Enjoy it and have fun.
Yes ........ Paying for anything not ready for pick up would not be acceptable ... Frank

Tags
rockwood