Old 01-13-2015, 04:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maris View Post
Congratulations Indymule
We have the exact model on order - the only difference is the Willow interior. Big step up from our 23 SS hybrid. Bet you can't wait to go camping again. Is there snow there? Ours won't be in until spring and we won't be able to get it into the yard until then anyway. Sounds like you attend rallies. I'd like to try that some day.
Maris, our family camped alot when our kids were little and then as they grew older they stopped wanting to go. So we sold our pop up many moons ago. When our kids got older, the wife and I started traveling more just the two of us, then the kids moved out and we lost our dog sitters. So we bought a travel trailer 2 years ago so we could take the dogs with us. I tell you all this to say that we never thought we would get into the rally thing.

Since joining the "Forest River Owners Group" (FROG) we have had a blast meeting some of the best people and really look forward to trying to make several of the group gatherings a year.

I would recommend you take a look at the FROG website and see if there are any gatherings close to you. We FROGS always have a great time!

Time will go by fast and you will be camping in that new trailer before you know it!

2015 Ford F350 Crewcab Lariat Diesel
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Indymule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:28 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indymule View Post
Thanks everyone, we have been real happy with our Flagstaff and wanted to stay with Flagstaff/Rockwood.

Yes Gary, Maria and I will be working the Frog booth at the Dayton Show some on Sat & Sun. We will head home after the dinner. Look forward to seeing everyone there.
Indymule are you going to wear your (Sales Outfit) in the FROG booth? Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_4460.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	68410  

Old 01-14-2015, 12:22 PM   #23

No it's at the cleaners.

Had to wear it to the dealership so they would know what kind of negotiator they were working with. Paid off too, I wore them down!

Funny thing, the salesman and I were dressed the same
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Old 01-14-2015, 02:54 PM   #24

Indymule you Quack Me Up, saying borrowed from Aquaman! Youroo!!
Old 01-14-2015, 08:03 PM   #25

Im consider buying a Rockwood signature ultra lite like yours it ia fifth wheel im presuming I have a 6.4 bed on my dodge ram are there special in truck hitch requirements to consider with this bed size and the reese revolution pin box?
Old 01-16-2015, 11:02 AM   #26

Well the PDI went well. We are having slide toppers and our Hensley hitch installed. So far things have gone extremely smooth.
Will post some more pics when we can.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Old 01-17-2015, 12:26 PM   #27

Hope to see you in I'd in gosden with new trailer herb88and Westies lover
Old 01-17-2015, 05:03 PM   #28

Thanks Herb, don't know if we are gonna be able to make Goshen this year. We are looking at possibly another Amana trip.

Here is the only pic I took yesterday after a long day at the dealership. After the PDI we had slide toppers put on, toilet upgraded and then Hensley hitch installed. We did not get home until right at sunset.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1421532107.090455.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	280.6 KB
ID:	68514

The truck is squatting a little but some of that is 300 lbs of extra weight in bed that I don't normally have

Ham Callsign K9NDY
Old 01-17-2015, 08:01 PM   #29

Wow! Looks beautiful Jay & Maria. You must be so excited! Can't wait to see more pictures. What kind of dogs do you have? We have 2 labs who are also looking forward to our new trailer. One of them almos fell through the end of our hybrid in the middle of the night last summer. It will be awesome to have a solid trailer.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:38 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indymule View Post
Well after careful consideration and many weeks of research, I've gone and done it!

Maria and I purchased a new trailer. We will pick up our new 2015 Rockwood 2604WS on Friday.

After the Amana gathering when the weather was "less than cooperative" we realized that if it were not for Mr & Mrs Youroo letting us hang out in their palatial estate, we would have been pretty stuffed in our Mini Lite with 2 dogs.

We have been fortunate to have pretty good weather on most of our trips over the past 2 years and even when raining, been able to sit outside and enjoy our trip. For those that did not make Amana, it was gale force winds and temps barely above freezing. Sitting around outside was not an option!

Now Maria will be able to sleep in and I can still get up and do my thing.

Pics will follow after we get her home. Looking forward to many great nights camping this summer.

Looks great, Indymule. I can still remember just a couple years ago discussing our campers... Us the 2306 and you guys the 23LB. Looks like we both have "moved up". The smaller campers were awesome and perfect for small families (kids or dogs) starting out... But boy, the extra room is sweet.
Good luck with your new unit.

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax