Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2016, 09:27 PM   #1

J and J Sunshade Outdoor Mat

Hi, I'm looking at buying an outdoor mat for our camper. I have been reviewing the mats on Amazon and recently purchased a mat from Walmart and was not happy with the quality. I've read that the mats from rvmats.com - J and J Sunshades outdoor mats are really great. I'm curious if some can provide reviews on these since they are significantly more expensive. I want to make sure they hold up and can fold to store easily. Thank you!
cdcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:55 AM   #2

J and J

I have two of their mats (one 9x12 and the other smaller one I use under steps or for a quick overnight stop) and they are fantastic. Great material that lets water pass through, easy to clean and fold up and their service when I called to order was great. Mine folds up inside a storage bag made from the same material too. I think they are well worth the price.

Other Motorhome

2013 F-150 Eco-Boost V6
mrmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:12 PM   #3

Wonderful, I appreciate it!
Old 08-26-2016, 02:05 PM   #4

There are RV parks that don't allow them.
I own an RV lot in the UP of MI and the lots are all grass
and you are not allowed to use them because they will kill the grass.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:52 PM   #5

Just to verify, they don't allow any mats at all here correct? I've read that some allow this type and not others. Thanks!
Old 08-27-2016, 12:54 PM   #6

J & J mats and sunscreens have a Lifetime Warr. There are Very Few CG that have said " No Mats"! Sand, Dirt,concrete,gravel we use or J & J mats! Youroo!!
Old 08-27-2016, 02:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
J & J mats and sunscreens have a Lifetime Warr. There are Very Few CG that have said " No Mats"! Sand, Dirt,concrete,gravel we use or J & J mats! Youroo!!
Have a J & J sun screen.....Will get one of their outdoor mats next year when we return in Jan!!! Excellent quality in all their products and are RV friendly to campers!!!!...J
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 02:23 PM   #8
RailwayRog

Visited there shop in FL, husband and wife outfit, materiel is sourced in the states and sewed together by them. A little pricey but I can almost guaranteed you you'll never have to buy another mat again, this materiel is nearly indestructible. I intend to hang on to the stuff I bought from them.
I don't think you'll be disappointed.
RailwayRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 02:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
There are RV parks that don't allow them.
I own an RV lot in the UP of MI and the lots are all grass
and you are not allowed to use them because they will kill the grass.
we've been to a cg that didn't allow any mats, said "no mats because it will kill the grass", ... problem is, there wasn't any grass, just weeds and the weeds needed cutting,... some cg are just weird, one had a rule of "no stakes driven in the ground", go figure.............

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 03:34 PM   #10

Smile J & J

We bought sun shade and mats from J&J. Love their products and the couple. Our mats never blow up, are as easy to clean as spraying them off with a hose. We may at some point change RV but the shade and mats will stay with us. Just another " get what you pay for".
delgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:05 AM   #11
Scotsman

Roll Out The Welcome Mat

We have owned these mats (J & J) for a few years and been very happy with them. We use them as a mat and sun screen. Sometimes you just have to spent a little more to get a great product. We have had many people in our RV park in Florida ask and then buy these mats and everyone has been thrilled with them. Fast delivery and in the past he has added a small door mat from leftover material and a bag to store everything in for free. Great to be able to support a US company (family) who also uses material made in the US. You will not be disappointed. Cheers!
Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:33 AM   #12

Purchased a sunscreen from them. Quick turn around on a custom made to order screen. They worked with us to get a good color match to the tt. Screen is two part, 1 foot stays attached to awning and rest had a quick connect with hooks. System sets up fast and tears down for storage quickly. Comes with a nice storage bag for screen made of mat material. Also sent a vey nice beach bag at no extra cost. All materials had made in USA stickers! Love it, nice couple, love talking to them, exchanged pic of our and their rescue pups! Highly recommend their product.
Days camped in FR 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15-16 = 129
17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 76, 22 = 57, 23 = 42
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door