Old 10-12-2015, 12:42 PM   #11
Karen, Pete & Chloe Kat

Jensen Should Stand By their GUARANTEE

[QUOTE=JENSENRVDirect;1007536]The iGo Navigation software includes their Latest Map Guarantee (LMG). This provides the customer a free update to the latest software version available at that time for the platform during the first 30 days of device activation. The update could include any changes to the iGo Primo or iGo Primo NextGen software (model dependent), updated base map data and/or POI or other ancillary files. After the 30 day LMG period, future updates will require a purchase through the Naviextras Toolbox software.

Based on posts to this forum most if not all of the RVs delivered by Forest River are experiencing the same thing, namely their devices were activated before the RTV was delivered (probably by the driver that drives the RV from FR to the Dealer.

In my case the GPS was activated (based on Naviextras Tool) on 6/20/2015.

My Solera was not delivered to me until July 10, 2015.

This is not our fault!

This is a problem between Jensen and Forest River!

Also, the Jensen Manual (on Page 12, under Key Features) STATES:

"Latest Map Guarantee (Limited time only - Must be used within 90 days of initial activation)"

So JENSEN SAYS 90 days and you say 30!!!

For a major company to not stand behind their product is ridiculous.

As their Representative to Forest River, you should be standing up for all of us that have been SCREWED by your/Naviextra's process which GUARANTEES that NO ONE will ever be given a map update.

I hope that enough of us will complain so Forest River finds a better product!

Thanks for Quoting us (incorrectly) Jensen"s GUARANTEE!

Old 10-12-2015, 01:03 PM   #12

Old 10-12-2015, 06:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanpedroflyer View Post
I am one of many Forest River customers that have recently purchased and taken delivery one of their RV products that has a Jensen in dash radio with GPS Navigation installed with a PROMISE of an update to the latest Maps.

Many of us have tried WITHOUT SUCCESS to download the latest maps from the NavieExtras website only to find out that THERE IS NO FREE UPGRADE!!!

The only thing that gets upgraded are auxiliary files such as POI's.

The maps that came with our 2015 delivered RV's are all dated 12/28/2013 and are totally useless as a GPS Navigation device.

It is shameful that a large company like Jensen or Audio Vax or whatever the company is called refuses to stand by their product and their promise.

In addition to being outrageous it is also potentially dangerous when someone using your OUTDATED system navigates using old maps has an accident or causes an accident.

Perhaps we have to wait for the eventual lawsuit to get our promised up to date maps.

In the meantime, if we want to upgrade the maps we have to spend $65 because the producer of our GPS Navigation System refuses to honor it's promise.

Another sad day for Forest River and Jensen.
What he said......

I also found out that if you are an Apple user then you are basically screwed. Naviextras does not support Apple OS. Fortunately our town library has computers for public use that have SD card slots and I was able to get my "upgrade" -- totally worthless -- for free. I guess you get what you pay for.

Maybe it's time for a class action law suit against Jensen? I don't blame FR for this, it's a Jensen issue. All I want is what was promised, a one time free upgrade.

2015 Forester 2301 - Chevy
Skip & Deb - Bridgewater, NH & Delray Beach, FL
Forester Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #14

Forester Fred- why was it worthless, didn't it have the April 2015 map update? I can't believe we are having to going thru this to get what we are entitled to. Has anyone called the number on the post from JensenRVDirect?
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
Forester Fred- why was it worthless, didn't it have the April 2015 map update? I can't believe we are having to going thru this to get what we are entitled to. Has anyone called the number on the post from JensenRVDirect?
No, this is what's listed for my system after the "free" upgrade which I did in early July 2015:

Version is 9.6.13.268494 Date is 11/13/12

Old 10-12-2015, 11:48 PM   #16

Joshua Cavitt- Any suggestion????

Joshua, it seems many of us who have recently purchased a FR product since the last Igo update are not getting our guaranteed update. Should we be checking with FR warranty, Jensen or Igo? I would think FR would have more influence in getting us our rightly deserved updates for free instead of paying $65 because our MH's were turned on by the delivery driver and then sat on the dealer lot until purchased. Can FR reimburse us for the $65 update or contact Jensen to contact Igo for a resolution? I think the iGO GPS company is in Hungary maybe?
Old 10-13-2015, 01:28 AM   #17

I've been complaining about this since June this year. I hope someone supports us on this issue.
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:34 AM   #18

Ben, I know you have. Hopefully we will get some answers soon. So much aggravation for $65, but it's the principle. I did find out the Naviextras support is in Hungary.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:47 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
Ben, I know you have. Hopefully we will get some answers soon. So much aggravation for $65, but it's the principle. I did find out the Naviextras support is in Hungary.
That sucks.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:38 AM   #20

I sent an email to Jensen last night describing the issue and advising them it wasn't just me, that it seems to be pretty much across the board for everyone. I also sent them links to the two threads about the Jensen GPS upgrades. I told them that people are starting to mention law suits so we'll see if they respond.

Tags
jensen