Old 06-21-2015, 09:35 PM   #1

Jensen Navigation System

Our Forester model came with a Jensen Navigation, DVD, Radio system built in. Having trouble understanding how to update the Navigation maps (previously used a Garmin which I could just download updates from my computer). Also having trouble getting a DVD to pay on the TV.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:45 AM   #2
Commercial Member

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers, Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and the Advent brand of appliances.

Your coach has the JENSEN VM9726BTC stereo/navigation system. Map updates for the navigation system can be found online at Naviextras. You will need to download the Naviextras toolbox software, and with that, you will be able to load map updates to the microSD card from your JENSEN unit via your computer.

As for DVD playback on the TV, your JENSEN unit has a Composite Video output that is connected to your rear TV's AV Input. You must select the appropriate AV input on your TV in order to view the DVD signal. On the JENSEN unit, you must select the Rear Source Menu and then choose DVD to begin playback.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please call our Technical Services dept at 877-845-8750 M-F 8:00AM to 6:00PM EDT and they will be happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

jensenrvdirect
JENSENRVDirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:52 PM   #3

Our Forest River Sunseeker came with a Jensen VM9726BTC. I want to upgrade to larger capacity micro-SD but don't know which one to get. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:03 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommertj View Post
Our Forest River Sunseeker came with a Jensen VM9726BTC. I want to upgrade to larger capacity micro-SD but don't know which one to get. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi sommertj,

The microSD card is for use only with navigation system. The factory supplied card contains the map info and generally does not need to be replaced.

If you are looking for media playback storage, you want to use the full-size SD card slot, located in the lower left-hand portion of the stereo.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please call our Technical Services dept at 877-845-8750 M-F 8:00AM to 6:00PM EDT and they will be happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

jensenrvdirect
Old 09-09-2015, 11:19 PM   #5

I tried to upgrade mine tonight. It keeps giving me a screen that says "Irregular shutdown detected". If I click on ignore. It disconnects from the chip. When I do get it to stay connected it says the chip is write protected. Garmin is sure a lot easier to upgrade.

papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 03:39 PM   #6
Karen, Pete & Chloe Kat

Jensen Navigation Update Promise is a Farce

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENSENRVDirect View Post
I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers, Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and the Advent brand of appliances.

Your coach has the JENSEN VM9726BTC stereo/navigation system. Map updates for the navigation system can be found online at Naviextras. You will need to download the Naviextras toolbox software, and with that, you will be able to load map updates to the microSD card from your JENSEN unit via your computer.

I am one of many Forest River customers that have recently purchased and taken delivery one of their RV products that has a Jensen in dash radio with GPS Navigation installed with a PROMISE of an update to the latest Maps.

Many of us have tried WITHOUT SUCCESS to download the latest maps from the NavieExtras website only to find out that THERE IS NO FREE UPGRADE!!!

The only thing that gets upgraded are auxiliary files such as POI's.

The maps that came with our 2015 delivered RV's are all dated 12/28/2013 and are totally useless as a GPS Navigation device.

It is shameful that a large company like Jensen or Audio Vax or whatever the company is called refuses to stand by their product and their promise.

In addition to being outrageous it is also potentially dangerous when someone using your OUTDATED system navigates using old maps has an accident or causes an accident.

Perhaps we have to wait for the eventual lawsuit to get our promised up to date maps.

In the meantime, if we want to upgrade the maps we have to spend $65 because the producer of our GPS Navigation System refuses to honor it's promise.

Another sad day for Forest River and Jensen.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:55 PM   #7

SanPedroflyer, does the $65 upgrade give us the updated maps or just POI?
I am being left out of the updated maps because the driver of my MH from Indiana to Calif turned it on and the MH sat at the dealer for 6+ weeks before I bought it at the end of August.
Perhaps if everyone put in a warranty claim with FR for new radios, we may get a response.
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:17 AM   #8

Like everything else on the Interweb, read this completely before you attempt it. While this worked for me, there is no assurance that it will work for you or your technology. You perform these actions at your own risk, so if you brick your device it's on you.

I just recently upgraded the GPS in my 2015 Sunseeker. It is the Jensen VM9726BTC. I found several problems with the upgrade process. Here is how I worked around the issues.

The updated map set is too large for the micro SD card that came with the unit. I had to purchase a larger micro SD card. Here is what I purchased: SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC 16GB UHS-I Memory Card - Walmart.com

Now we begin ...
1) Download and install the Naviextras Toolbox software.

2) Make a backup of your original microSD card before performing any of the following steps. This backup will be used later. Shut down the naviextras tool box and remove the original microSD card from the computer and place it in a safe place.

3) Insert the new larger microSD card into the computer. Start the naviextras tool box. Use the restore feature to copy the contents of the original microSD card to the new microSD card.

4) When the restore was complete I received the message that the unit had not been shut down correctly. I basically ignored the message and continued with the upgrade process. While it will probably work ok for you too, you do this at your own risk.

5) Once you have "recovered" your GPS data to the new larger card you may proceed with the upgrade using the new larger card.

6) THIS UPGRADE MAY TAKE A LONG TIME! My Internet speed is about 1.5mbps. It took over 8 (yep 8) hours to complete the download of the new data files.

8)Once the upgrade is complete, make a backup of your new microSD GPS card.

9) Plug in the new card and take it for a test drive. I found an error in the map data within 5 minutes, but most other locations have worked well.

We're taking a trip this weekend. I have multiple backups in place just in case this Jensen unit leaves me wandering in circles. (My trusty Garmin unit, iPhone, and Android tablet with GPS enabled. I have this thing called a map, too.)

Hope this helps.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:47 AM   #9
Commercial Member

The iGo Navigation software includes their Latest Map Guarantee (LMG). This provides the customer a free update to the latest software version available at that time for the platform during the first 30 days of device activation. The update could include any changes to the iGo Primo or iGo Primo NextGen software (model dependent), updated base map data and/or POI or other ancillary files. After the 30 day LMG period, future updates will require a purchase through the Naviextras Toolbox software.

If you tried to perform the update during the first 30 days from the date of sale and were unable to receive an update at no charge (LMG period has expired) it would mean the navigation system was activated prior to your purchase. It's important to understand device activation begins when the navigation mode is turned ON and it first receives satellite signal. Please contact your dealer for assistance if you believe your unit was activated prior to your date of sale.

jensenrvdirect
Old 10-12-2015, 11:07 AM   #10

JENSENRVDirect- So the ultimate user like myself is without recourse because the transportation driver who delivered my motorhome to California turned it on. My motorhome sat on the lot for weeks before I bought it and then the dealer had to prep for my delivery taking another week. By the time I had taken delivery, it was beyond the 30 days. Really, are we supposed to put in a warranty claim to Forest River? Perhaps either Forest River or Jensen should send us a check for the update or Igo give us an update code.
WHAT IS THE ULTIMATE USER SUPPOSED TO DO???

Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jensen