Old 04-16-2014, 06:49 PM   #11

That sucks. I don't wish that on anyone.
I just went thru something similar. Not as bad, but upsetting enough to say i am not sure i even want it after all this. But now it is home and i could not be happier.

They must have cut you a killer deal to convince you to buy it with all that tore out. I would not be surprised if " the last owner took it out" is the common answer when they get broke into.

I hope the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train.

parpar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:00 PM   #12

You need to go there. Call them and tell them you are coming. I learned the hard way you have to be there.
Debbie

Old 04-17-2014, 03:45 PM   #13

Well, yesterday they worked on finding out information on where the parts are we needed and called me at 6pm saying they left 3 messages with the owner of forest river. Said they went straight to the top because we are moving and don't have time to mess! Haha! BUT....also came up with, here's another deal we can offer you. We give you $300 to $500 for a new surround system (depending on what it was going to cost originally) or we can go to Best Buy and get the closest thing we can find and make it fit perfectly. I told them we would think about it and to wait on the phone call to see where the parts are to begin with. So this morning they called and apparently the owner at Forest River is sending a Harmon Kardon surround system that fits it and it will be here in three (business) days. They will be able to get everything else done on it in the meantime and should have our camper by next weekend. Getting excited!!
big green hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by parpar1 View Post
That sucks. I don't wish that on anyone.
I just went thru something similar. Not as bad, but upsetting enough to say i am not sure i even want it after all this. But now it is home and i could not be happier.

They must have cut you a killer deal to convince you to buy it with all that tore out. I would not be surprised if " the last owner took it out" is the common answer when they get broke into.

I hope the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train.
Yes, they did originally say the owner took it out. According to online, we paid the going rate for it....but we made sure to add that all electronics were to be replaced since it was still under warranty and they threw in free storage for 6 months, $500 to buy things from their parts store, two chairs, and allowed me to purchase any bedspread I wanted and they cut me a check to cover it. We also got $200 for referring a friend to them. So it wasn't too bad of a deal. Now if we could only use it!! lol
Old 04-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #15

This is where we set up camp the one time we took it out. It was so peaceful...no one else around. Ready for round two!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3009.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	50072
Old 04-17-2014, 04:09 PM   #16

Your problems have only just begun. Since you are moving from the Left cost to the confused Right coast, it would have been best to wait and buy one from where you are moving to. It is hard to grab the first Dealers tie and jerk on it to get his attention if you are thousands and thousands of miles away. Expect some hassle to where ever you take your unit to get it worked on until you get a rapport with the next RV service center.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:10 PM   #17
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by big green hat View Post
This is where we set up camp the one time we took it out. It was so peaceful...no one else around. Ready for round two!!

Attachment 50072

Nice...hope everything works out for y'all!

Old 04-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #18

First, happy it seems that things are finally going the right way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by big green hat View Post

Attachment 50072
Second, where exactly is that and do they have monthly sites at affordable rates?

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
First, happy it seems that things are finally going the right way.Second, where exactly is that and do they have monthly sites at affordable rates?

This is in Rockport, Washington at a place called Howard Miller Steelhead Park. They fill up fast but it's a great place. Prices are really good. It costs us $100 for 4 nights. There are mountains on all sides, lots of walking trails and a river that runs along that has beautiful aqua colored water. I'm not sure about monthly sites but my guess would be they will let you stay as long as you want to. The owner is a very nice guy named Rusty. We happened to go here on the weekend of the OSO mudslide that killed so many people. The campground is right down the road from that and we had driven that same road covered by mud in order to get there. Needless to say, we had to take a different route home. Anyway, if you have a chance to go here, do it! It's great! Especially in winter when no one is there!
Old 04-17-2014, 06:39 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Your problems have only just begun. Since you are moving from the Left cost to the confused Right coast, it would have been best to wait and buy one from where you are moving to. It is hard to grab the first Dealers tie and jerk on it to get his attention if you are thousands and thousands of miles away. Expect some hassle to where ever you take your unit to get it worked on until you get a rapport with the next RV service center.

I'm sure you are right. That was our plan, to buy early enough to be able to take it out and work out all of the quirks before our trip and to have it as a convenience along the way. My husband is very handy and likes to work on things....so unless it's something drastic, he will fix it himself. We had an older camper that he completely gutted and put back together. Sold it for $3000 more than we bought it for!
Yep......going to the "right" coast!

Tags
vent