Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #1

Just Back From First Trip of the Year

Just got back from our first trip of the year. Short trout fishing trip to the mountains here in WV. Snowed the day we went and was in the 20's the first 2 nights. The travel trailer made it nice, sat in the warm TT watching DVDs and eating popcorn and had a fresh trout dinner one evening. Sure beat the days of a tent when all you could do in weather like that was stay in a sleeping bag trying to stay warm.
wvcampincpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
Steve Jackson

X2 on the whole tent thing
Old 04-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcampincpl View Post
Just got back from our first trip of the year. Short trout fishing trip to the mountains here in WV. Snowed the day we went and was in the 20's the first 2 nights. The travel trailer made it nice, sat in the warm TT watching DVDs and eating popcorn and had a fresh trout dinner one evening. Sure beat the days of a tent when all you could do in weather like that was stay in a sleeping bag trying to stay warm.
OMG...I remember those days. Lots of naps in the damp sleeping bag. Or getting in the truck and driving to the nearest town to go shopping, have lunch or go to a movie.

Went to Quetico Provincial Park years ago canoe/camping for a 13 day trip. It rained for 12 of those days. Miserable and cold. Plus you had to go fishing for your meals. I'm glad I did it though. It was an awesome experience if you love camping/canoeing/fishing. Was there 4 or 5 times. But you need to do this when you're YOUNG. Couldn't imagine doing it now.

I love the RV lifestyle!!
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote