Old 09-13-2008, 07:30 AM   #11
we had a pop up for ten years and enjoyed it, bought and sold it for 600.00, well worth the money, we used when our kids were growing up. we got out of camping for about six years and then returned about three years ago.

about three years ago we wanted to consider getting back into camping, we bought a used hybrid, part tt and part popup. we really enjoy it. big thing is having to dry out the vinyl sides when it rains, we havent had much problem with leaks. sometimes some drips around the seams where the sides connect to the buldhead but they can be sealed. there are some condensation issues when camping in cold weather. they are more like being in a tent though which is fun, not as secure and in some campgrounds, i have heard that popups may not be allowed due to safety concerns, given animal concerns. however i think there arent a lot in this category, sorry i dont have the specifics.

we now have a wildwood tt that we store at beach and it works well. we dont have a tow vehicle to pull the new tt and dont plan to buy one. it is convenient to store at beach and go there when we can.

enjoy your pop up if you get it, they are light weight, easy to use, cost effective, and fun, just take a little more patience and work.

2008 Wildwood LE 29BHBS
wildwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #12
what i meant by the canvas is , go take a walk around a campground and look at the pop-ups. I dont care how clean you keep them, in 3-5 years they all look horrible. Now i dont mean to generalize pop-up owners so please dont take offense to this, but a majority of pop up owners have one because they couldnt afford anything else and wanted to get into camping. I can appreciate that, but that also brings a lot of "trash" along with it. Unfortunatly, pop-ups just have that stigma attached to them, whether it is correct or not,well that's each persons opinion.
Like i had said, the pop-up i had was beautiful and had every amenity my current TT has including a hard sided shower. But in Barack Obama's most famous recent statement,
"you can put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig".
Good luck. ( and i still think you should go with a smaller TT!!!)

eandsphotography is offline   Reply With Quote