Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #1

Just realized

We went down to Penn State for the 4th Fest there last weekend. We had a great time. Met up with some friends (who we originally met camping). They gave us a tour of Penn State campus. My daughter (the swimmer) got a chance to swim in the in door competition pool.

She just finished her freshman year in high school and thought this was great.

The thing I realized was that we have gone out 3 weekends so far this season for 9 nights. I have towed the camper about 1000 miles so far. Needless to say we don't usually camp too close to home. We don't want to. There is just too many things to see and do to not want to go too far away from home.

2011 Prime Time Tracer 3000BHS
2007 Ford Expedition
Reese Dual Cam HP Hitch
Nights Camped 2015-5 in TT
DF5.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #2

It's nice to get out and explore new areas, see new sights and learn new local history, but we camp 95% of the time here at our local lake. At least we're getting out. It doesn't take much time or gas and once there and set up we enjoy it just as much as if we had traveled 1,000 miles to get there.
So to us it doesn't matter how far you go to camp, just as long as you go!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote