Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2007, 06:53 AM   #1

keys.. little help?

Hey all!
I am truly hoping you guys can help out!
I am from a small bank in Michigan. We recently repo'd back a 2005 Surveyor model 261T... We need to get in it, but the original owner is of course claiming he has no idea where the keys are. (And to be honest, I want to buy this thing myself if its nice inside!!!)
It has a deadbolt and a standard door handle lock.
We cannot seem to get a number for Forest River to see if they can help. We have tried area RV dealers, but none of them can get past the deadbolt.
How do we get in to this thing? We need to get in and have it re-appraised and check condition and all that fun stuff! Hope you can help us!

Dan
jonez66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:20 AM   #2

How about an on call lock smith. Or find a kid to go through one of the outside compartments. That's what I did when I locked myself out. All outside compartment keys even from different manufacturers are the same.
Good luck
Old 02-15-2007, 11:18 AM   #3

I had left my keys on the dinette when the door slamed behind me when I exited. My 15 year son was able to shinny in one of the rear bunk windpows after I used coat hanger to open it enough to get hand in. For what a locksmith would cost - you could drill out the lock (where the key goes in) and open. You could replace just the lock cylinder or the entire handle ($30) afterwards.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:05 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Actually I find it a little relieving to see so few suggestions on how to break into a trailer. Jonez, I'd go with the locksnith suggestion... come on you got the bucks.
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote