Old 12-07-2018, 10:04 AM   #21

I have looked at your pics and my countertop does not have the wood to attach the screws to. And as far as the oven, the pilot light lights up fine and then when you turn up the temp it heats up to the temp setting and then it goes out, pilot light and all. So you can not cook anything because it will only heat up once. It is easy to relight the pilot light but it keeps going completely out. As far as the microwave, if you put a potato in it it will burn a hole in one side of it and the other half is still cold. The worst part of all of this is that there is no dealer support other than the original selling dealer. It is like buying a new car but only the original selling dealer will warranty it. And Forest River will not answer or return calls or emails. We have been full timers for over 12 years and have bought other new Rv's but this one is the worst one ever as far as quality and dealer support

jimnkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:53 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnkaran View Post
The worst part of all of this is that there is no dealer support other than the original selling dealer. It is like buying a new car but only the original selling dealer will warranty it.
Sometimes when you buy a product from a dealer far, far, away, in order to save money you don't end up saving a dime.

It's one thing if there are no dealers nearby selling what you want but to drive past them to someone as much as three states (or more) away, why would those dealers feel like helping you?

It's only natural that a dealer would want to make sure they have shop space and people to take care of those who bought from them rather than filling the shop and tying up their techs to support that dealer "900 miles away".

Can't compare with car dealers as they get a whole different level of support from the manufacturer.

Politically Incorrect since 1943

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:15 PM   #23

Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Sometimes when you buy a product from a dealer far, far, away, in order to save money you don't end up saving a dime.

It's one thing if there are no dealers nearby selling what you want but to drive past them to someone as much as three states (or more) away, why would those dealers feel like helping you?

It's only natural that a dealer would want to make sure they have shop space and people to take care of those who bought from them rather than filling the shop and tying up their techs to support that dealer "900 miles away".

Can't compare with car dealers as they get a whole different level of support from the manufacturer.
You are wrong, I did not drive by dealers to get a better price. I bought this where we live in Kentucky to be able to come to Florida this winter. You jumped to conclusions about where we are. As far as support for the dealers obviously it depends on the company and Forest River obviously does not care about it's customers.
jimnkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:31 PM   #24

I "repaired" mine. Some engineering and 3M marine sealer... and silicone inside to insure a seal. The only way to repair mine(short of being the Thin Man) was to take apart the cabinet or remove the top. Neither was a good option on a newer RV. My end game plan is to put a drop in stainless sink and be done with it. I thought I wanted the sink covers(and can have some with residential sink), but it turns out I have to move them around when actually using the RV(in other words they are in MY way).
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:05 PM   #25

Ours did the same thing on our second trip out. Fortunately it was on the last day! Since it is under warranty, the dealer ordered a new component and will install this spring.

Camrick2104 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21ds, sink