Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 11:45 PM   #41

We purchased a 2019 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite (8328BS) about 6 weeks ago and are on our first real trip. We have traveled about 2,000 miles so far. We noticed the center of the sink seemed to be dropping slightly. Fortunately we had stopped traveling with the sink covers on the sink. When we got to our stop this afternoon, the center had dropped about 1/2”. two of the corner clips are bent. We are close to Home Depot so my husband purchased a furring strip and built a brace to put under it for support. We’ll see tomorrow how well the brace has worked. One side of the sink had started leaking about the 3 night out. My husband tightened the fitting, but it has continually gotten worse. We figure the sink dropping must have created a crack in the fitting.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:40 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlemom View Post
We purchased a 2019 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite (8328BS) about 6 weeks ago and are on our first real trip. We have traveled about 2,000 miles so far. We noticed the center of the sink seemed to be dropping slightly. Fortunately we had stopped traveling with the sink covers on the sink. When we got to our stop this afternoon, the center had dropped about 1/2”. two of the corner clips are bent. We are close to Home Depot so my husband purchased a furring strip and built a brace to put under it for support. We’ll see tomorrow how well the brace has worked. One side of the sink had started leaking about the 3 night out. My husband tightened the fitting, but it has continually gotten worse. We figure the sink dropping must have created a crack in the fitting.
This makes me want to go out and take the covers off our sink as they are HEAVY! It's unbelievable how many are chiming into this threat with sink issues.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic98816_1.gif
Old 05-21-2019, 11:34 AM   #43

Well our 2019 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25FKS is a victim of bad adhesive. Second trip out this passed weekend and the kitchen sink is detaching from the countertop. I called the dealer and made an appointment and also emailed Forest River. Dealer is getting us in before our next trip and Forest River contacted me the same day, how about that for lucking out! The Flagstaff/Rockwood area rep told me they are aware of the issue and the fix is a different two part epoxy glue and under mount clips to support the sink. They said dealers are aware and know what to do. I didn't call back to my dealer to verify, this but I'm going to. I hope this is a once & done fix, we'll soon find out. Oh, our sink was separating from the counter top in one corner when we first noticed it on Sunday. I went out to the camper on Monday night to restock and look at the sink, it was hanging on by only half the sink! It was very hot in the camper so I'm thinking the adhesive is losing it's holding power when the temp starts to heat up. I'll follow up when we're back on the road in late June. Steve

Old 05-28-2019, 06:52 PM   #44

Just had the sink on my 2019 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2706 fall out on its second trip out. Very disappointed to see Forest River doing a half ass job of installing these sinks. The sink is clearly meant to be mounted from above the counter, and they decided to try to rig it to undermount and hold it in place with what looks to be hot glue.

I had a friend with a 2 year old Rockwood Ultra Lite have his fall out within the past month too. I guess he was lucky that his lasted that long.

Fortunately mine is still under warranty.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:49 AM   #45

We had this happen to us last trip. As I was washing dishes the sink just fell out. I had some water and dishes in it. We couldn't believe it that the sink was just glued to the counter without any support underneath. What a terrible craftsmanship! We got our camper last year and this is out 5th trip so far. Pretty upsetting and concerning. What else is going to break? We got Forest River mini light 2306 2019 model.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:59 AM   #46
Site Team - Lou

Our double bowl is loose in the center.
The ends had a clip but the center is unsupported.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:37 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUC-Steve View Post
Well our 2019 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25FKS is a victim of bad adhesive. Second trip out this passed weekend and the kitchen sink is detaching from the countertop. I called the dealer and made an appointment and also emailed Forest River. Dealer is getting us in before our next trip and Forest River contacted me the same day, how about that for lucking out! The Flagstaff/Rockwood area rep told me they are aware of the issue and the fix is a different two part epoxy glue and under mount clips to support the sink. They said dealers are aware and know what to do. I didn't call back to my dealer to verify, this but I'm going to. I hope this is a once & done fix, we'll soon find out. Oh, our sink was separating from the counter top in one corner when we first noticed it on Sunday. I went out to the camper on Monday night to restock and look at the sink, it was hanging on by only half the sink! It was very hot in the camper so I'm thinking the adhesive is losing it's holding power when the temp starts to heat up. I'll follow up when we're back on the road in late June. Steve

Update#1. Dropped the Flagstaff Micro Lite off at the dealer this morning. They told me this isn’t the first sink they are going to fix. They have in stock the two part epoxy glue and under mount sink clips. They also promised I would have the camper back before our next camping trip which is the last weekend of June, I’ll let you know how things turn out with some pics. Steve

Old 09-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #48

The sink in my 2019, Rockwood 2304DS fell in today. Just glued in.

2013 F150 Super Crew 5.0
2019 Rockwood 2304DS
1975 Chrysler Imperial
Old 09-07-2019, 01:32 PM   #49
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Our double bowl is loose in the center.
The ends had a clip but the center is unsupported.
At the rally, they cleaned out the old glue with a putty knife, squirted a 2 part epoxy into the seam and added a clip to support the center of the sink. Mine already had a clip at each end. They did not need to remove the sink.

So far so good!
Old 09-07-2019, 09:04 PM   #50

The strap fix holds the bowl in place while the adhesive sets and the straps are rated for a great load. It’s not a temporary fix by no means. The sink is not designed to be under mounted. FR bought a tiny foreign sink and is jury rigging it in place. My straps are stronger than their metal tabs.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:09 PM   #51

To date on our 2017 mini 2506 reinforced fresh water tank, repaired 3 of the 120 v outlet due to tighten to much breaking the corner, now we find the sink is falling out, replacing the bathroom sink vacuum break due to bad odor. Onward and upward as they say.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:17 PM   #52

fallen sink

I see that my sink has some sort of a .030" thick tab in the front, but the glue seam is not contacting the sink and the counter top evenly all the way around. The "adhesive" looks like clear silicone sealer. I cut a couple of 19" long 1x4's to wedge underneath the sink lip up to the counter top on both ends till it goes in for service on 10/10

Joe R.
SW Washington State

2013 F150 Super Crew 5.0
2019 Rockwood 2304DS
1975 Chrysler Imperial
Old 11-12-2020, 12:11 PM   #53

fallen sink

The dealer (Vancouver RV Center) replaced mine in a day. Evidently this is a common problem in the kitchen sinks that glue in under the counter-top. Good luck with it.

2013 F150 Super Crew 5.0
2019 Rockwood 2304DS
1975 Chrysler Imperial
Old 11-12-2020, 05:52 PM   #54

My bathroom sink is a regular over-mount sink. So hopefully I don't have to worry about that happening!
Closed Thread

Tags
21ds, sink