Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2015, 07:02 AM   #21
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by btexpress5 View Post
I have found a lot of the trucks run their refers at night (about every 15 to 30 minutes). Makes Walmart look pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Wow, Walmart police in quick. What did that have to with the original post? You're as bad as the weight police that you grumble about...
If you read the post, the answer was to btexpress5, not the OP CTGREG.

Someone mess with your oatmeal this morning?
Old 04-12-2015, 07:14 AM   #22

Lay over

WalmartAtlas.com if you still want the info
Boso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:24 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer View Post
On our way down to FL for Bike Week (and back) last month, we stayed in truck stops to grab a few hours of sleep before pressing on. Backed in next to the trucks, didn't deploy the slide. No issues at all, even with some of the trucks running. Slept like a log!

Ford, you threw me there for a minute--we have an I84 in PA as well, runs from Scranton up to New England. I was trying to figure out where the heck Mountain Home was...
It is in the middle of no place special with a air base next to it.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:37 AM   #24

Just be careful staying at truck stops....I know probably everybody in this thread or forum have been unscaved but I drive truck and the stat that was given to me by my company is that over 85% of trucking accidents happen at truck stops.... Truckers are very tired when they pull in and find a space to sleep ..... Just an FYI ..... Safe travels
h4kintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:55 AM   #25

We have stayed overnight at flying J's a number of times and will continue to do so when we are trying to make time. (Stop late and start early next morning). We've actually found most truckers to be very helpful...and interesting to talk to.

When we arrive, we will go in and ask them where they would like us to park. Most of them have dumps, LP refilling and water.

btw, yesterday we stopped at a flying J out side of Nashville for gas, lunch & a driver swap and saw 2 "unmarked" Prevosts spending the night. They turn out to be part of the Adam Levine road tour. The drivers were very interesting and even gave us tours of the rigs.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:24 AM   #26

The WMT APP costs 2.99. Just google "Walmart APP for overnight parking". It is useful, but read about APP....1/4 of WMTs do not participate due to problems encountered with campers......bottom line is to check in with store manager....and thank them too....this just might keep this overnite option viable. We depend on our smart phones and a monthly $20 data plan for the iPad which allows us to do research while driving to find our layover which is often not on a major interstate. Landers Wy has a nice park near their River and offers free nite stays...just a park bathroom and water spigots. We spent a nite there prior to backpacking into the Wind River. So many great options!
Hiker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:01 PM   #27

I stayed in a truck stop in Denver once. diesel Riss were rumbling all night long. I like quiet and dark.
RANGERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:17 PM   #28

Truck stops too noisy, When I head south in March, no campgrounds are open until at least Virginia, so I do Walmarts. Rig isn't de-winterized at that point either, so the bathrooms are welcomed at Walmart.
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, truck