Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2015, 07:39 PM   #1

LED replacement lamps

We replaced all of the 921 incandescent bulbs with warm white GRV T10 wedge bulbs from Amazon. Installation was a snap and we love the fact that they are cool and not welding themselves to the fixtures (as the incandescent bulbs did). Be we are dissatisfied with (1) the color (warmth) of the light and (2) the brightness of the lights. We've actually gone back to incandescent bulbs in areas for reading or applying makeup.

So... Are there other LED bulbs that address our concerns? Seems that most produce 250 lums. Anyone know of a bulb that takes that up a notch? As for color temp: Any options or opinions?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
RiverBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
We replaced all of the 921 incandescent bulbs with warm white GRV T10 wedge bulbs from Amazon. Installation was a snap and we love the fact that they are cool and not welding themselves to the fixtures (as the incandescent bulbs did). Be we are dissatisfied with (1) the color (warmth) of the light and (2) the brightness of the lights. We've actually gone back to incandescent bulbs in areas for reading or applying makeup.

So... Are there other LED bulbs that address our concerns? Seems that most produce 250 lums. Anyone know of a bulb that takes that up a notch? As for color temp: Any options or opinions?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Go to M4 LED products M4 Products Great product and fast shipping. I got the Elite Series bulbs, they are nice and bright and available in cool white and warm white. M4s Best and Brightest Elite Series Retrofit LEDs
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:25 PM   #3
Site Team

What color temp lamps did you buy? incandescent lamps are about 2500 to 3000 K (kelvin).
I prefer 5000 to 6000K color light. That's what most mfg's call cool white.

If you want to match the color of incandescent lamps you need to stay in the 2500 to 3000K range.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:52 PM   #4

I got the warm white for inside and the cool white (natural white) for the exterior lights
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, replacement