Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 10:04 PM   #151
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie Dad View Post
I would like to know where everyone gets their law degree at....
I received mine from threads like this and youtube! Also earned a doctorate in Google-foo while at it. LOL

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply
Old 08-26-2015, 10:12 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Yeah it is...

Here, Concealing or making "furtive movements" will get the area in your control searched (area that you can reach) nothing more.

Plain view will get seized, warrant to search the rest (plain view items can be used for the PC)

If arrested we no longer have a search incident to arrest. Need to have a warrant and PC to do the whole car.

See how different it can be.. very confusing at times.
And how many people traveling in their RV have been in this "if" situation? Not nick picking but we are talking about RV travelers not slammed 95 Impalas with limo tint.

Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply
Old 08-26-2015, 10:17 PM   #153
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
And how many people traveling in their RV have been in this "if" situation? Not nick picking but we are talking about RV travelers not slammed 95 Impalas with limo tint.
None that I have had or seen.. I saw your quote (missed the quoted post) and was simply saying how different things can be from one state to another. Left coast to Right coast... RV are not what we look for generally. Unless it is OC because I want to shake that man's hand...

EDIT: secret hint... That is not the cars running drugs anymore, mostly rentals now. Guess they got tired of mom's Buick being seized! LOL

Howie- I though the same thing.... Hopefully a misquote.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply
Old 08-26-2015, 10:22 PM   #154

This is a long thread. I am not hiding anything so therefore they can look. The police, government, wife, drug testers, etc have a boring job checking what I have done.

On that note...I don't want to be a cop, soldier, fireman, emt etc... They risk their lives every day for us. Not to mention...the THUGS they have to deal with. Dope heads, crooks, child molesters etc. Can you imagine going into a house where a man/person has abused a family member. They might fall A LOT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply
Old 08-26-2015, 10:24 PM   #155

I am retired LEO that got my 25+ years in and then got out.....from the looks of things happening now, it was just in time. That being said, unless some very unusual circumstances were to happen, they will have to seek a warrant to search my vehicle or my RV.

I do succumb to searches of my person and my personal belongings when entering certain buildings, flying or I guess in the near future, trains.

I do know my rights and I choose to exercise them as much as I possibly can.

That's just my $.02 worth.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:25 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
None that I have had or seen.. I saw your quote (missed the quoted post) and was simply saying how different things can be from one state to another. Left coast to Right coast... RV are not what we look for generally. Unless it is OC because I want to shake that man's hand...

EDIT: secret hint... That is not the cars running drugs anymore, mostly rentals now. Guess they got tired of mom's Buick being seized! LOL

Howie- I though the same thing.... Hopefully a misquote.
Understand the bland rentals the Impala was just something other than a family in a RV.Thanks for your service.
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply
Old 08-26-2015, 10:28 PM   #157

FYI 100 miles from border. The Gulf Coast or east and west coast is a international border and the border patrol can come 100 miles inland form coast. That is a lot of area they can cover.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:32 PM   #158
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
This is a long thread. I am not hiding anything so therefore they can look. The police, government, wife, drug testers, etc have a boring job checking what I have done.

On that note...I don't want to be a cop, soldier, fireman, emt etc... They risk their lives every day for us. Not to mention...the THUGS they have to deal with. Dope heads, crooks, child molesters etc. Can you imagine going into a house where a man/person has abused a family member. They might fall A LOT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
That is what I try to tell people when they say the cops have a bad attitude.. Not saying it is OK or condoning, but I try not to criticize until I've walked a mile in their shoes.. (except fireman.. people like fireman, saving cat's in trees and all!)

I've had a pretty tame career so far... Been shot at three times, two murders, numerous rapes, robberies, assaults, several guns pulled on me.

Child abuse of children by friends, family and other children (worst was a 9 year old brother raped his 4 year old sister, he was a serial killer in the making IMO). Been stabbed (luckily in the vest but they do not stop knives, got some bandaids for that one) Numerous deaths of all ages in crasses. Broken fingers, concutions from a bottle over the head.. Tasered by MY PARTNER!!

Not to mention just to dealing with people who always seem to be a hatin' on me. I know it changes one's attitude and outlook of life. I think of myself as a very easy going and happy person, but I will tell you I DO NOT see things the same as a none LEO. Again, not making an excuse it is just my humble experience.

Should have stayed a fireman... Sleep all night, spend the day polishing the truck.. Get an alarm and clear the station just to show off my polishing skills! LOL I am J/K

EDIT: Do not say the above to brag, I am by no means great in my career, just making the point that all that goes on is not sugar coated and sprinkled...

2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply
Old 08-26-2015, 10:34 PM   #159
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc343 View Post
FYI 100 miles from border. The Gulf Coast or east and west coast is a international border and the border patrol can come 100 miles inland form coast. That is a lot of area they can cover.
I always found that mind blowing with these inland check points... But I did love watching Border Wars, I'll admit it!

2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply
Old 08-26-2015, 10:38 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymjr View Post
I am a Deputy in Florida I am speaking for Florida law and 4th amendment rights you do not have to let Law Enforcement search your vehicle. The exception is if the officer sees in plain view or smells something suspicious. If something in plain sight is seen you will be removed from the vehicle and search it. If he smells something he will likely have a K-9 search if the dog hits on the vehicle then he has probable cause. and can and will search it. Other than that a warrant is required. It's unlikely that will occur in an RV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EXCELLENT and this is how it is supposed to be......Thanks and be safe.
Now this thread needs to be put in the archives...

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply
Closed Thread