Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 10:42 PM   #161
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashog View Post
EXCELLENT and this is how it is supposed to be......Thanks and be safe.
Now this thread needs to be put in the archives...
Crazy that all this has made it 17 pages and remained pretty civil (for the most part since they did say some stuff did get deleted). Forums and controversy never seem to go well...

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply
Old 08-26-2015, 10:46 PM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc343 View Post
FYI 100 miles from border. The Gulf Coast or east and west coast is a international border and the border patrol can come 100 miles inland form coast. That is a lot of area they can cover.
Dang this thing can go on forever. And what is your point? Legal search and seizure on a "family" RV in San Diego at Sea World?

Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply
Old 08-26-2015, 10:47 PM   #163

Quote:
EXCELLENT and this is how it is supposed to be......Thanks and be safe.
Now this thread needs to be put in the archives...
Put in the archives as in close it? Why? 15+ pages on a "hot topic" with everyone being mostly civil is good. Why stop it?
Gives me something different to read besides the normal 3 a day surge protector, tires and poor quality/craftsmanship threads.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:50 PM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Crazy that all this has made it 17 pages and remained pretty civil (for the most part since they did say some stuff did get deleted). Forums and controversy never seem to go well...
I pulled out my pocket Constitution of the United States and started typing. Then I deleted it (didn't want to offend anyone). I believe in our Constitution. Start giving up your Constitution rights and you'll end up with none. OK I'm done...I hope...

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply
Old 08-26-2015, 10:55 PM   #165

Out. Enjoyed it.
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply
Old 08-26-2015, 11:19 PM   #166

Doc, I think you need a new partner! ⚡️

Don't tase me, Bro!
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium (gulping gas again, camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply
Old 08-26-2015, 11:59 PM   #167

Border War Resident

Everything is NORTH of me/us. Checkpoint is just about an hour north unless we go through Laredo (heaven forbid). BP is there for a reason and the dog checks everyone as you are stopped. Never been searched as no reason to be nervous. Look at what they stop.

4 years AF Sec. Police was enough and I did not go Border Patrol or any LE. Phone work inside was nice as talked to machines and not people. Dealing with people is a pain so I try not to.

Don't ever tick off a Texas Parks and Wildlife guy. They are even called by the Fed. as their powers go further than Texas DPS.

Smile, answer questions and you're on your way.

Don't let a doper in your rig or carry a hitch hiker down here.

Almost South of the Border
whatsupchuck is offline   Reply
Old 08-27-2015, 12:27 AM   #168
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
I pulled out my pocket Constitution of the United States and started typing. Then I deleted it (didn't want to offend anyone). I believe in our Constitution. Start giving up your Constitution rights and you'll end up with none. OK I'm done...I hope...
You are right, those who do not exercise their rights are destined to lose them... Someone much smarter than me once said that... Somewhere..

I love my pocket constitution.. And my Tactidillas key chain that came with it!

Taranwanderer- Yeah, he will never live that down... I did not get the darts but he tangled me up in the wires while scuffling on the ground... Then kept yelling for me to get off of him as he is tasering the guy.. AND ME because I am wrapped in the wires, but can't tell him to stop because I am being tasered.. Good thing no cell phone cameras at that point, pob looked like Keystone Cops or Paul Blart! LOL

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply
Old 08-27-2015, 01:16 AM   #169

Just read a lot of interesting opinions, still not completely sure of our answer until we are asked the question. I don't see it as giving up my rights if I consent to a search, but after hearing from many LEOs and a few questionable posts, may need to sit down with DH and discuss the options. We are considering getting CCW permits soon and need to do our due research on that also.

That said, where we live in Arizona is as far south as possible without passing through a Border Patrol checkpoint coming and going. We took our old toy hauler further south a few years back without any problems, might have considered a trip to Mexico if not prohibited by our employment. I find that being polite goes a long way to get through most of the checkpoints quickly and without being asked to pull to the side.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply
Old 08-27-2015, 04:47 AM   #170
Just a member

Holy hockey socks! 171 posts in less than 24 hrs! OP touched a nerve and the overall response has not offered any surprises. We treasure our freedom to move about at will on either side of the 49th and I suspect that most of us have been able to do so without any confrontational encounters with LE officials. If there is a common denominator amid the replies to the OP's post, it is that we each are obligated to understand what our jurisdictional rights are and that we are not so pompous as to to presume that LE officials are attempting to sabotage our liberty. Yep, there's bad apples in every organization but we all know that the majority of LE people are doing the best they can with an extremely demanding and hazardous job.

)
kandl is offline   Reply
Closed Thread