Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 12:42 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAISY BOYKIN View Post
B & B, that would really be a waste of time, unless you are gullible!
There are some Chevy drivers that would
Old 05-31-2017, 12:43 PM   #22
Who Dares, Wins

I assure you.. People are gullible!

While I agree this is all smoke and mirrors for the attorneys to be rich a little piece of me wishes this to be true and a start to making the RV industry more like the auto industry with regards to warranty work. I also wish more would be done to stop the half asses approach with somethings (I will not name any but we can all think of many I am sure).

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 05-31-2017, 12:55 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
Class action=Lawyers make TONS of money, claimants get a $12.00 discount coupon.

Screw that.

Tim
Been there.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:57 PM   #24

I suppose there are 2 ways to look at this. If you are only interested in getting something, you will likely end up disappointed. But if you are interested in taking part as a way to help make meaningful change in the industry, then it doesn't seem like a waste of time to me.

I read on a daily basis, on this forum, complaints about the RV industry, now there is a class action lawsuit that could be at least a step toward change, maybe a tiny baby step, but a step, and the reaction is that its a waste of time. Cracks me up. I was part of 2 separate class action law suits (one for Ticketmaster that I didn't know I was a part of, I was automatically a part of it because I had purchased tickets within a 2 year period of time and it got me a $25 discount on a future purchase. And the other was from Reebok, and it took 10 minutes to fill out the documentation and I got $100 in a gift card). I'm pretty sure everyone can find 10 minutes in their day to fill out the documentation. And if you truly aren't interested in taking part, don't complain about the RV industry. Sure it may be a scam to make a lawyer rich, but if making one lawyer rich also means 10,000 RV purchasers don't get hosed by the manufacturer, that's plenty worth it to me

Old 05-31-2017, 01:03 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperfi24 View Post
I suppose there are 2 ways to look at this. If you are only interested in getting something, you will likely end up disappointed. But if you are interested in taking part as a way to help make meaningful change in the industry, then it doesn't seem like a waste of time to me.

I read on a daily basis, on this forum, complaints about the RV industry, now there is a class action lawsuit that could be at least a step toward change, maybe a tiny baby step, but a step, and the reaction is that its a waste of time. Cracks me up. I was part of 2 separate class action law suits (one for Ticketmaster that I didn't know I was a part of, I was automatically a part of it because I had purchased tickets within a 2 year period of time and it got me a $25 discount on a future purchase. And the other was from Reebok, and it took 10 minutes to fill out the documentation and I got $100 in a gift card). I'm pretty sure everyone can find 10 minutes in their day to fill out the documentation. And if you truly aren't interested in taking part, don't complain about the RV industry. Sure it may be a scam to make a lawyer rich, but if making one lawyer rich also means 10,000 RV purchasers don't get hosed by the manufacturer, that's plenty worth it to me
Agreed.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:23 PM   #26

Quote:

I totally agree with you semperfi24!! You see on here. When it comes to the manufacturer. We're only supposed to see unicorns and rainbows.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:26 PM   #27

Letter from attorney

As we read the dozens of problems/questions on this forum every day, it looks like there is a huge problem. But what about the thousands of owners that have not had a problem. I have had my Rockwood 5th wheel 2 years with no problems. My last 5th wheel lasted 15 years, only suffered from old age. Maybe the problems are more pointed than it looks here.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:27 PM   #28

Quote:
Class action=Lawyers make TONS of money, claimants get a $12.00 discount coupon.

Screw that.

Tim
X2 or whatever X number is next.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:33 PM   #29
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAISY BOYKIN View Post
I have to agree with the GM of DYNAMAX, didn't take long to take care of that.
I was referring to the confefe...didn't take long to hit the forum. Lawsuits? No one wins but the lawyers...so they are standing by ready and waiting. Nothing new there.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
Old 05-31-2017, 01:40 PM   #30

Recently, I received a check for a class action that I was unknowingly a part of. The check was for $0.02. Yes, that is correct!
Old 05-31-2017, 01:50 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuajim View Post
Recently, I received a check for a class action that I was unknowingly a part of. The check was for $0.02. Yes, that is correct!
Lol.....dont spend it all in one place. A couple opened an old fashioned penny candy store near us. A really cool place and the 3 yr old Grand daughter loves it. I don't think you can buy anything with a penny though, you may be able to get a Swedish fish for your 2 cents, or a piece of confefe maybe lol.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:51 PM   #32
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMor View Post
As we read the dozens of problems/questions on this forum every day, it looks like there is a huge problem. But what about the thousands of owners that have not had a problem. I have had my Rockwood 5th wheel 2 years with no problems. My last 5th wheel lasted 15 years, only suffered from old age. Maybe the problems are more pointed than it looks here.
Just when I'm about to unsubscribe as a thread devolves into overgeneralization and hyperbole, I am comforted that sanity and logic may one day prevail.

430,000 RV's shipped in 2016.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:08 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMor View Post

I know several RV owners that have problems just like you read about on these forums. They don't read the forums so they don't post their issues. I am sure there are many like them.

Then there are owners like me who just fix it themselves because it isn't worth the hassle to tow to a dealer and have some incompetent pos screw up more things than they are supposed to fix.

I strongly believe the RV industry's problems are bigger than we realize.

Look at the engineering and quality that goes into a $40k automobile... then look at the engineering and quality that goes into a $40k camper. Sad state of affairs I tell you.

Can Toyota or Honda start building campers... That would fricken shock the RV industry.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:09 PM   #34
Broken Toe

Quote:

A lawsuit isn't going to change the industry. The only thing that will is people voting with their checkbooks. What do you think? a lawsuit is going to force FR to make Airstream-quality campers? I suppose you think the price increase in doing so is going to be just swallowed by the manufactures too, eh?

The public demands light weight (so they can tow with their F150) low cost (under $35k) campers and that's what FR provides. That is not saying that there aren't quality issues that cannot be addressed. I'm am just saying that addressing those issues costs money, and that money will be passed on to the consumer, to the point where your 25 foot Rockwood now costs $65k and nobody is buying them. Don't think for a second that FR management is blind to the quality issues.

There is a curving line on a graph that shows sale vs. price. vs. quality. The closer you get to zero defects 100% of the time, the higher the price goes and the sales volume drops (think Rolls-Royce). Conversely, the farther you get from zero-defects 100% of the time, the price drops and sales increase (think GM). But if you keep going farther, you will eventually get to a point where sales drop despite lowering prices because you are manufacturing pure junk and nobody wants it (Remember Yugo?). The FR management people are not dummies. They are operating on that curve to maximize sales. That is not being "hosed" by the company. That is called "doing business" and "giving people what they want".

Trust me, the ONLY think that is going "change the industry" is when people stop demanding a sub-$25,000, 6800 pound campers with slide-outs, that a family of 4 or 5 can all sleep in. And I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Old 05-31-2017, 02:09 PM   #35

Few years back I participated in a class action against Debears diamond mines for price fixing. Got $1,100 back. Guess I was one of the lucky ones.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:15 PM   #36

I'll tell you what. I betcha that not one single person on here can rival the problems I've had in the first year, and am still having as unresolved.

And I wouldn't sue anyone for anything.

I love my trailer and it WILL get fixed and it WILL provide years of service, and as Roseann Roseannadanna said, "That's the Truth".

When lawyers were allowed to advertise, Western Civilization took a nose dive in about ninety two areas. My lawyer is great.......I love her. And a big help, when I need her. But she is quiet, until I do!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
Old 05-31-2017, 02:33 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325BH View Post
I know several RV owners that have problems just like you read about on these forums. They don't read the forums so they don't post their issues. I am sure there are many like them.

Then there are owners like me who just fix it themselves because it isn't worth the hassle to tow to a dealer and have some incompetent pos screw up more things than they are supposed to fix.

I strongly believe the RV industry's problems are bigger than we realize.

Look at the engineering and quality that goes into a $40k automobile... then look at the engineering and quality that goes into a $40k camper. Sad state of affairs I tell you.

Can Toyota or Honda start building campers... That would fricken shock the RV industry.

BINGO! Well said sir.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:38 PM   #38
Commercial Member

Anyone wanna take a guess at what that RV would cost?

I can tell you this...my material cost (furniture, walls, appliances, floor) EVERYTHING that goes behind the chassis, costs me the same amount as Mercedes would charge me to install the empty van body on the back of chassis.

Old 05-31-2017, 03:08 PM   #39

Quote:
A lawsuit isn't going to change the industry. The only thing that will is people voting with their checkbooks. What do you think? a lawsuit is going to force FR to make Airstream-quality campers? I suppose you think the price increase in doing so is going to be just swallowed by the manufactures too, eh?

The public demands light weight (so they can tow with their F150) low cost (under $35k) campers and that's what FR provides. That is not saying that there aren't quality issues that cannot be addressed. I'm am just saying that addressing those issues costs money, and that money will be passed on to the consumer, to the point where your 25 foot Rockwood now costs $65k and nobody is buying them. Don't think for a second that FR management is blind to the quality issues.

There is a curving line on a graph that shows sale vs. price. vs. quality. The closer you get to zero defects 100% of the time, the higher the price goes and the sales volume drops (think Rolls-Royce). Conversely, the farther you get from zero-defects 100% of the time, the price drops and sales increase (think GM). But if you keep going farther, you will eventually get to a point where sales drop despite lowering prices because you are manufacturing pure junk and nobody wants it (Remember Yugo?). The FR management people are not dummies. They are operating on that curve to maximize sales. That is not being "hosed" by the company. That is called "doing business" and "giving people what they want".

Trust me, the ONLY think that is going "change the industry" is when people stop demanding a sub-$25,000, 6800 pound campers with slide-outs, that a family of 4 or 5 can all sleep in. And I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Tim
I've had my RV for 4 seasons (3 months into the 4th anyways), and I've never had any of the issues that people talk about on the forums. So personally, I couldn't care what any one does or doesn't do, I'm just saying its stupid to gripe and complain all day long about junk quality, and then also say "its a waste of time" to put forth any effort what so ever to make any change. Of course the cost is going to be pushed to the customer, I never implied otherwise. There are 500,000 RVs out there and most of the people (90%, 92%, maybe higher?) are pleased with their RV. I'm not advocating that the lawsuit will fix any specific thing. I'm not implying that there isn't an associated cost to any such fixes. I'm just saying, if you are someone that complains about the industry, its a little stupid to also say this is a waste of time. That's my point, talking out of both sides of one's mouth. It was a blanket statement, apologies to those that were so negatively impacted... And personally, I think if you have your RV in the repair shop for 4 months to you're getting hosed by someone...

Old 05-31-2017, 03:14 PM   #40

Thumbs up

LOVE MY F0REST RIVER TRAILER.
Blow this chain off
WHO LOVES THEIR FR TRAILER: anim_snoopy:
I don't like whiners
Closed Thread