Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2015, 06:32 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by wana65stang View Post
Believe me I have had some A..'S on the Canadian side also, but my point was about wood leveling blocks, not to get into a big debate about boarder guards
No debate, just conversation. Banning leveling boards is being pretty nit picking. The ban is on firewood and some wood products, maybe they were dirty; did you know that camping gear must be free from soil. I suppose they could be even pickier if they wanted to be.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:47 PM   #62
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Other than the time spent (really unimportant as I was a day early), the border guards were very pleasant, they have jobs to do and I don't begrudge them one bit. They were courteous and professional.

I just thought it rather funny the system they had that day to choose who to inspect.
Had to be the HIPPEY Paint! The problem I had the tv and the trailer had BC plates. For tax reasons it was thriftier ( cheap) for me to store here , as my buddy lived on Vancouver Island and the ferry fees were better used for parts. But I've always going there. Now days, being a Washington resident, I have an Enhanced drivers license and don't need a passport.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:36 PM   #63

HMM, heading to NF this summer and I have the 2x10's by x's pt boards. Not that I don't have more in case they make me toss them, but never thought that would be an issue.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:31 PM   #64
Happy traveller

I also use the Anderson levelers and wouldn't use anything else love them quick and easy
Old 03-29-2015, 09:43 PM   #65

I find the leveling blocks/chocks extremely important for two reasons. First, trying to sleep in a lop-sided camper is not fun, the doors swing in every direction and things roll off the counter. Second, the leveling blocks combined with the wheel chocks add to the stability and reduce vibrations when someone moves about in the camper. I am always careful to get the left to right level very close before I begin set-up. Next, I use the X chocks that fit between the wheels and tighten them well before unhitching. These chocks are the best in my opinion for added stability after the camper is leveled front to back. I also use the adjustable braces that attach to the frame and bottom of the scissor jacks to improve stability. I am looking at the Andersen levelers and would love feedback from actual users.
magpi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:27 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpi26 View Post
I find the leveling blocks/chocks extremely important for two reasons. First, trying to sleep in a lop-sided camper is not fun, the doors swing in every direction and things roll off the counter. Second, the leveling blocks combined with the wheel chocks add to the stability and reduce vibrations when someone moves about in the camper. I am always careful to get the left to right level very close before I begin set-up. Next, I use the X chocks that fit between the wheels and tighten them well before unhitching. These chocks are the best in my opinion for added stability after the camper is leveled front to back. I also use the adjustable braces that attach to the frame and bottom of the scissor jacks to improve stability. I am looking at the Andersen levelers and would love feedback from actual users.
Did you read the threads? Other posts on the subject on this forum.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, lock