Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2017, 07:49 PM   #1

Leveling my mini lite

Did any one use Andersen leveling set up on a 2016 mini lite with duel wheels
Dolang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:19 PM   #2

I use Andersens on a 25-foot Surveyor with dual axles. Works great. Couldn't be easier.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:15 PM   #3

Using Andersen leveling blocks

Thanks for the reply but on the mini lite I only have a little over 2 1/2 " between the tires which are 14"
Is that any near what you have ???
Old 07-26-2017, 12:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolang View Post
Thanks for the reply but on the mini lite I only have a little over 2 1/2 " between the tires which are 14"
we have the Micro Lite 25KS and it also has the 2 1/2" space between the tires, ... I use the Andersen levelers and they're great, ... did have to trim the rear one to fit, and because of that I also cut the front one to match, so they would both be the same(some folks don't cut both), .... I also have made pull cords for removing the chock piece, DW can safely pull them out when I pull forward just enough to remove the weight off the chock, .... the Andersen Levelers work great for us, ....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0026.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	492.8 KB
ID:	146119   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0027.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	472.9 KB
ID:	146120   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0028.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	475.9 KB
ID:	146121   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5380.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	283.1 KB
ID:	146122  

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
we have the Micro Lite 25KS and it also has the 2 1/2" space between the tires, ... I use the Andersen levelers and they're great, ... did have to trim the rear one to fit, and because of that I also cut the front one to match, so they would both be the same(some folks don't cut both), .... I also have made pull cords for removing the chock piece, DW can safely pull them out when I pull forward just enough to remove the weight off the chock, .... the Andersen Levelers work great for us, ....
+1 here. I have a 2018 Mini Lite (2506s) and yes I use the Anderson Levelers and I could not be happier. It really cannot get any easier. I too had to cut down one for the rear wheel. If you have a miter saw it's a piece of cake.

FWIW, I also use the x-chocks that fella10 has shown in his pics above. They make a nice addition and show a definite improvement when installed.
csyrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:37 PM   #6

Andersen levers

Looks like you sold me thanks for the pics that helped and it looks easier than carrying a lumber yard along
Thanks again
Old 07-26-2017, 03:57 PM   #7

Add the Levelmate pro and you will be golden.
BBQGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Others have answered your question, but for the record, I have 6" between my 14-inch tires and did not have to trim the Andersens.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:04 PM   #9

camco makes a curved version that does not need trimmed
Old 07-30-2017, 10:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Looks like you sold me thanks for the pics that helped and it looks easier than carrying a lumber yard along
Thanks again
let me add one more thing,..... some folks put safety step tape on the BOTTOM of their AL's to help stop them from sliding when trying to roll up on them, .... but have said they still do slide on wet grass, ..... I put the tape on the TOP of the AL's(but not the chock pieces) and mine have never tried to slide away even on wet grass, .... I tap them into place with a rubber mallet, so the tire has a good contact with the grip surface and I suppose that prevents the AL from pushing away from the tire, .... it's sort of like the tire is pulling the AL under it and not allowing it to push away/slide, ..... anyway, just wanted to let you know about that trick, ..... been using the AL's for over two years and never had them slide or fail in any way to give quick and easy leveling, ..... even more pleased that we now use the pull cords to remove the chocks, when I remove the weight off the chocks, DW can safely pull them out without having to be near the tire area then I can roll back off the AL's, .....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0669.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	372.0 KB
ID:	146536  

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
let me add one more thing,..... some folks put safety step tape on the BOTTOM of their AL's to help stop them from sliding when trying to roll up on them, .... but have said they still do slide on wet grass, ..... I put the tape on the TOP of the AL's(but not the chock pieces) and mine have never tried to slide away even on wet grass, .... I tap them into place with a rubber mallet, so the tire has a good contact with the grip surface and I suppose that prevents the AL from pushing away from the tire, .... it's sort of like the tire is pulling the AL under it and not allowing it to push away/slide, ..... anyway, just wanted to let you know about that trick, ..... been using the AL's for over two years and never had them slide or fail in any way to give quick and easy leveling, ..... even more pleased that we now use the pull cords to remove the chocks, when I remove the weight off the chocks, DW can safely pull them out without having to be near the tire area then I can roll back off the AL's, .....
Good idea.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:55 PM   #12

I just picked up a pair of these this week. We were staying at Lakewood campground in myrtle beach and our site was on an incline with soft sand. Had to use wood, leveling blocks and the ALs. Well worth the money.
rcarbaugh524 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, lite