Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2014, 08:26 AM   #1
cbauch

Leveling rv

I do not have a truck right now to level rv with boards. Any other way i can put boards under tires without having to move rv?
cbauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:37 AM   #2

Jack it up like you would if you had to change a flat tire.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:41 AM   #3
cbauch

Ok, this is my first rv........and my husband is in afganistan. So can someone guide me thru to do this. I have 2 jacks i just bought. I want to make sure i put the jacks in the right area. Greatly appreciate this help.
cbauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:51 AM   #4

What kind of jack do you have, hydraulic ?

Where it says "center bolt is where you want the jack to be.
Place a board under the jack to keep it from sinking.
Center the jack and go slow till it is level.
One wheel at a time and be real sure to keep yourself out of the way in case the jack slips.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:12 AM   #5

How far off level is it???

If it only needs front to back leveling all you need is the tongue jack (raise or lower the front).

If side to side be sure to have the tires well chocked before jacking, since you are not hitched to the truck. The trailer could decide to move & come off the jack. Also if using a bottle jack it is best to have a 2x6 or 8 under it esp if the ground is soft.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:30 PM   #6

1st of all, thanks to your husband ( and you) for his service! 2nd, please take this as it's intended. Is there anyway you can get a friend or family member with some experience in dealing with cars or jacking trailers to help you? Getting cars/trailers up on jacks is not an overly technical task, however, it does need to be done carefully with a knowledge of WHAT NOT TO DO! The last thing your brave husband needs is a phone call saying you've been injured or killed by the trailer falling or rolling off the jack during the lifting process. Be careful and best of luck!
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling