Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2016, 03:26 PM   #1

Leveling Systems Question

I have never used an automatic nor a manual leveling system. I have been looking at several to decide which system to have installed on my Forester. So, I'm turning to you. What system do you use and what are the pros and cons of the system? I will probably go with a manual system just to save about $1000 but am open to considering those as well, if it is really worth the extra dollars.

Thanks in advance.

Todd
toddlafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:23 PM   #2

I can help because My jacks are stuck down all lights are blinking on control panel any help I could use
cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 12:01 AM   #3

I have Ground Control 3.0 by LCI. It is a 4 point system and best thing on my 35' 5er. Never going to have another camper of any type without auto-level. Push the button and the 5er is level and stabile. At 38' - 40' or more I'd go with the 6 point system.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddlafond View Post
I have never used an automatic nor a manual leveling system. I have been looking at several to decide which system to have installed on my Forester. So, I'm turning to you. What system do you use and what are the pros and cons of the system? I will probably go with a manual system just to save about $1000 but am open to considering those as well, if it is really worth the extra dollars.

Thanks in advance.

Todd
Here is a good comparison of which each system has and what it's capabilities are.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf level page (1).pdf (897.0 KB, 49 views)

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:32 AM   #5
"On the road again"

When we bought our Columbus fifth wheel, my wife insisted that we get the Lippert 6-way leveling system. It was only $1,800 to add on...and no doubt the best money we spent. She told me "you're not getting any younger..." but really I think she was just tired of having to help me pull up on leveling blocks...pull off and add more...etc.

We're NEVER more than 1/10th of one percent off level when that system finishes.

Six way, plus the kingpin tripod and we have pretty much zero movement in our home on the road.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:33 AM   #6
"On the road again"

When we bought our Columbus fifth wheel, my wife insisted that we get the Lippert 6-way leveling system. It was only $1,800 to add on...and no doubt the best money we spent. She told me "you're not getting any younger..." but really I think she was just tired of having to help me pull up on leveling blocks...pull off and add more...etc.

We're NEVER more than 1/10th of one percent off level when that system finishes.

Six way, plus the kingpin tripod and we have pretty much zero movement in our home on the road.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 12:18 PM   #7

Thanks Witch Doctor. Do you by chance work for Lippert
Old 08-09-2016, 01:06 PM   #8
Old Enough to Know Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet View Post

We bought or rig used.
It rig was/is prepped for level up (has the mounting brackets on the frame)
Lippert dealer wants $4000 to add it. If it was $1800 it would already be done.
gasman6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 02:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddlafond View Post
Thanks Witch Doctor. Do you by chance work for Lippert
Ah! that's funny, NO I DON"T, but the level up is the best system out there. I added mine on 2 years ago, and I would never have a TT without one again. I paid 3400.00 for mine but it is the 4 point system, and I use the electrical stabs that came with the unit. The reason is that if your unit is not over 34' they won't install the 6 point because the the center and rear would fight each other. I had mine installed at the Rally 2 years ago. By the time I hit auto and hook up my water hose the system is done, there is not a door that swings. I choose level up because I can use the system to jack up the trailer to change a tire...Lippart

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 02:58 PM   #10
Wait till next year...

Looks like most that have responded have tow behinds. I have the big foot system on my sunseeker and wouldn't be without it. Depending on the year of your unit you may already have the brackets for the levelers on the chassis
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:59 PM   #11

Thanks n-e-d. Yes mine is for a 2005 Forester Class C on a Ford E450. I will check to see if it has brackets already. Lippert got back with me today and it will be about $4000. Equalizer gave me a price of $3500 for automatic $2500 for manual. I have not heard back from Bigfoot or HWH yet.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:25 PM   #12

Well we go a reply by phone up and running very simple hold all buttons for legs and they reset. Then I find I needed to reset power company said to look for a reset where pump is next to what looks like a Ford starting selonid couldn't find it they said that the builder of coaches put them in. Which got me thinking if I were to put in one why not were house battery's were and that's were I found a rely pop reset it heard a click and it was up and running.
cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling