Old 05-23-2014, 10:24 AM   #1
Life can happen so fast

I am creating this to remind all to enjoy life every chance you can. The reason I bring this up is in my home town a 31 year old male suffered a brain aneurism last Saturday evening and died Wednesday. For me it hits me real close to home I did not know this person on a personal level but he lived right across the street from my dad and he was pretty upset by the whole thing. I think the biggest reason why is I am gonna be 30 years old in about a month my wife is pregnant with our first which is a little boy. And this guy had a 4 month old daughter which was his first. It hit me and I felt so bad for him and his wife. I can't even imagine going through this.

YOLO I'm sure everyone knows what this means but if you don't it means You Only Live Once. Which I'm not gonna lie I think is a extremely cheesy phrase and I never used it until now and because some people use it irresponsibly to make an excuse for a poor decision in life. But then it is true. And the way I look at it is be positive, life can happen fast and change in the blink of an eye. Try make the best out of all situations and be happy. Live your life to the absolute fullest whenever possible. I know we all have busy lives and lots to do. I feel like I am just rambling on but but just wanted vent a little about all this because the way it effected me and makes me step back appreciate what I have in my life and am so grateful and I can't wait for my baby boy to be here so I can begin to share it with him. Everyone have a great memorial weekend and be safe.

2012 Sandstorm 203slc
2013 Toyota Tundra
Eqil-l-izer hitch,Prodigy P3
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:30 AM   #2

Yes, get the most out of life.

Everyone have a good and safe Memorial Day. Remember those you have gone before us!

2010 Ford F250
2012 Sierra 366FL
Nights camping:
(31) 2014, (18) 2013, (62) 2012, (57) 2011
Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #3
Thanks for this. You're making it easier to ditch work for two weeks in June for a camper trip with the family (DW, DDx3). I've been feeling guilty about the burden I leave on others here at work.
Eric, Tara, and most of China
2013 Camping Nights: 2
2014 Camping nights: 31
TT 2014 Rockwood Roo 183
TV 2012 Nissan Armada
EricInColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #4
Next Gen Camperbot 5000XL
So true. We aren't guaranteed tomorrow. Or even 10 seconds from now. Life is a gift and we do need to take a step back every once in a while (or all of the time really) and just relax and appreciate. Thanks for the reminder!
2014 Coachmen Apex 259BHSS
CLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #5
You now realize your not invincible. That, my friend, occurs to all of us at a point in our lives, some sooner than others. Thank God everyday for your blessings, and mourn for those less fortunate than you. I wish the best for your fathers' neighbor and his famly.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:28 AM   #6
Good reminder and such a sad story. I'm 32 and have two kids 5 and 2, it's amazing how much you think about things like this more when you have children on top of it.

Before kids, you would see things like this but, still it never really hit home. Now, when you have kids and a wife it really puts things into more of a perspective. Atleast for me anyway, things seem to get you worked up alot more and you become more of a worrier.
2012 Keystone Sprinter
Still sticking around for the good people and advice.
Flagstaffer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:52 PM   #7
30 was a sobering age for me as well, as a teen I could not even imaging being an "old man" in my 30's, now I am a really old man in my 40's!!
Last year I was diagnosed with a neurological condition that I will deal with for the rest of my life, that news from the Dr. hit me like a ton of bricks and ever since then I have truly enjoyed the gift that is life. I dumped ALL of my drama filled friends and ALL of my hardcore political and religious friends, my motto, life is too short to be caught up in hate and discontent and foolishness and mayhem. Camping plays a huge part in my enjoyment of life, so instead of dealing with drama on all the other websites out there I just come here and relax and have fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forest River Forums mobile app
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #8
Mod free 5er
Lost a racing friend I was working with when I was 32 and he was 34 with 2 daughters and a son. We were leading the points race in our semi super modified and the season was going great. Working in the garage one Sat morning, he grabbed his chest and sat down. I went in the house and got his wife, she took him to the hospital immediately. We went to see him at 8:00 pm that night and was joking about skipping the races that night and running Sun night. Went home about 10, his wife called around midnight and his heart had literally exploded. Dr. said it looked like a firecracker went off inside. So, my friend, you do need to live life to the fullest every day.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:28 PM   #9
Old coot funny you bring up the races. This guys was at our local race track with his dad when he had the aneurism. I am leaving in couple of hours to go camping and I can't wait.
2012 Sandstorm 203slc
2013 Toyota Tundra
Eqil-l-izer hitch,Prodigy P3
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:25 PM   #10
Stories such as these are why I retired at 62 even though my income is less than if I worked longer.

We had a girl in our high school class die from undetected diabetes a few days before our graduation. That was a tough introduction to the post-high school world.

RamblerGuy is online now   Reply With Quote